Best Detector Under 350

Cbiskit31

Jan 1, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys looking to pick up a new detector. My price range is 300 or less, but if a machine is super special i might go to 350. I have farily mineralized soil here in VA, and i mostly coinshoot and relic hunt. Depth is very important to me because most of the land i detect on is old and has deeper targets. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see your still trying to decide. Have you watched any utube vids of the models you were interested in? Have you gone to any of the vendors sites to compare prices, features, and specifications?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howz bout looking on Craigs list? It's after Christmas and a lot of people are selling their last years detector since they got a shiny new one for Christmas. Some good deals out there for $250 in my area.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look into the Fisher F2 or F4

Last edited:

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Biskit. Go put your money on the counter at your local detector shop. Ask for an Ace 250. Then start digging all the trash out of your yard. Then your neighbors yard. After you get the whole neighborhood clean you will be able to post a picture of your first silver coin. Ive had my 250 for 10 years and I've nearly worn the bottom of the coil off. I am still learning the subtleties of this simple machine.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used Whites DFX is in your price range, add a DD coil and you are good to go. Many used setups will come with multiple coils.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro Silver uMax fits your budget, as does the Tesoro Cibola.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look into the Fisher F2 or F4

I swung the F4 last season and loved it. I originally wanted an F5, the deal fell through and I ended up with a slightly used F4. It does GB, but only in all metal mode and the VDI is not active in AM mode. I since have purchased a F75LTD SE and an BH LRP, both can be ground balances and the VDIs are active in AM mode.

The BH LRP is the best bang for the buck in your price range IMHO since it is packed with features and sells for $250 to over $400 depending on where you are shopping. It will beat out the F2, F4, and Ace 250 due to all it's features. Now if you can fork out $499, I would either get the Classic T2 new or a used AT Pro.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
It would be the Fisher F44 for my money.

OP
OP
C

Cbiskit31

Jan 1, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea buddy I've been digging hard into it and I really like the Eurotek pro, but I was just wondering if there is something else better too

OP
OP
C

Cbiskit31

Jan 1, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a good start buddy! Welcome!

Top Member Reactions