best double d coil for ace 250?

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I'm looking for people's opinion that have used any of the double d coils on their ace 250. I currently have the stock coil and want to buy a double d also. I have found different ones like the exelerator (good review), nel tornado (not as common but great reviews), and the garrett proformance dd. I want to know which one you've used and what changes did you see besides pinpointing changes.

With that being said I received the 250 as a present from my wife I am not selling it trading it or buying a different better detector. So please stick to coil talk not telling me to get a 350 ect. I'm not looking for a $500 detector performance I just want a different tool in the tool bag. I am very good at determining what I'm detecting before I dig but I want something to help detect more and deeper. Thanks

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
there are some airtest with the ace 250 and ace 350 on youtube. I would personally prefer the small coil for coin hunting and switch to the larger for relic hunting.

DiggItUp

Mar 9, 2013
Dude... Just keep the small and large coils and interchange them when needed. No need to buy a dd coil. I hunted with my ace250 for years and used those two coils and killed it. Like the guy above me said, just use the larger coil for deeper targets and use the smaller one for trashier sites or smaller stuff like coins.

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I only have the standard 6.5" x 9" inch that came with it and I am wanting a second coil . I want to keep that one and also have a dd for deeper searching. If you've owned one I'd love to hear which one and your thouggts

Last edited:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My choice would be the smaller of the two double D coils and the sniper coil to.

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Are you referring to the coils made by garrett or one of the aftermarket ones

bikermike

Jul 14, 2012
Stillwater, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, 6.5x9 coil, 4.5 sniper coil, 5x8DD coil, Garrett AT Gold, Centec pinpointer, Garrett pro pointer, Ames digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fireguy, I use the garrett 5x8 most of the time now. Where I live there is so much trash in the ground it's crazy. I don't see any increase in depth, but the separation of targets is better. People are still making Banner finds with this machine, so don't be bullied into thinking you need another machine. Good luck, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread