Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Best "Fatty" Indian Head Ever

I got out with "JerseyBen" and Dale (pictured) this morning to check out some new sites that have opened up to metal detecting recently. The first site turned out to be all fill and we did not stay long. The second field was extremely quiet, but I managed an early Indian Head "Fatty". Most of the time these early Indian Heads are toast due to their nickel composition, but this one is in nice shape!

After a while Ben and I headed to another site, where two other people were already detecting, one using an Ace 250, the other a White's 6000. I am always happy to meet other people detecting, but these two clowns are what gives us a bad name. They left open holes all over, and they re-buried trash targets. Hit and run I call it. Even if they found silver, they would probably use it for the bridge toll back to South Philly!

Still, it was a great morning to be out!

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 950
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 942
Upvote 0

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Best "Fatty" Indian Head Ever

:icon_thumright: :headbang:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice one Neil. I've found that in some cases here the clay will preserve coins and relics quite nice as well, this fatty proves the case in your area too :occasion14:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nce looking fatty Neil ! Good luck out there ! M.R.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread