Best find in a while! (Because my 5yr old pulled it)

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been on kind of a drought lately and have been super busy at work also. Haven't had much luck until today... in my yard! We have been playing with the CTX and I've changed settings a little. I have went over this spot 100 times... and figured my 5yr old could try to use the machine. He swung it, and yelled "dad! I found some gold for mom!". Now I figured... it's a pull tab or bottle cap.... but as he swung the coil.... it was super crisp and 12-38 solid. He dug the hole and pulled a FATTY INDIAN! I have never managed to find one despite having much older coins in my collection from years of Hunts. So... he has the bug now and wants a machine! We high fived and put it in peroxide to try and get a date. Best day in a while!!! Will add pics once it cleans up! I hope to post his first silver soon! Good luck and happy hunting!

Upvote 19

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Now, get that "FATTY INDIAN" mounted with the date your son found it and hang it up in his room!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great find and even better memories! I hope you guys don't hunt anywhere near me...I envision me poking around in a park with my ATP while a 5 year old zips past me with a fully locked n loaded CTX pullin all the good stuff...lol. Congrats, great stuff...Ddf

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its almost like it was planted just for him......Now that he is hooked you can upgrade for yourself...or let him use yours since your so busy.....

OP
OP
TheGreatNorth

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its almost like it was planted just for him......Now that he is hooked you can upgrade for yourself...or let him use yours since your so busy.....

Haha, I think I will set him up with my old ATP. I was pretty stunned we found the Indian. The area has had houses since the 1700s but everything has had fill brought in. We also got 2 wheats and about $3 in clad. He was more excited to find a clad quarter!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions