Best find of 2006

julesjunk

Nov 13, 2006
Over the course of last summer, the garbage disposer in my house would occasionally make this hidious noise...... I'd reach down in there, and in every case, I'd find nothing. Then it started locking up. I'd back it up by hand, and it would work for awhile. Then it started locking up everytime I used it. Eventually, I simply gave up on it, and decided I'd have to either tear it apart to attempt to fix it, or replace it. Well, after some elapsed time, I forgottenly chose to use it, and something shot out of it hard enough to hit the ceiling, and drop back into the sink. The pick is of that item. Seems I must of let one of my penny finds fall into the disposer while cleaning my finds. (I'm almost sure it was a 09 S VDB :-) I reluctantly told my wife, as she is always dropping silverware into it, and I had hounded her on yet another mishap of her fault. Needless to say, I don't say ANYthing about items going into the disposer anymore :-)
Thanks for letting me share.
Regards,
Jules

Attachments

• peny.jpg
    peny.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 900
Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

julesjunk

Nov 13, 2006
debistogs said:
:o Does the diposer work better now? ;D
Actually it does! The way I figure it, the penny is worth about $75. The average cost of a new disposer. Not to mention the time it takes to install it :-)
Regards,
Jules

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread