image-2340906753.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jonesy2012

Jul 25, 2012
Sorry! My post got cut off! First post with a picture! One of the little guys was injured pretty bad and didn't make it. We watched the other 3 for a while and made sure they were ok and then covered them back up in hopes that their mom comes back to care for them. The nest seemed to have been disturbed with a mower (scary)! We are checking on them daily by sight as not to disturb the nest. Will take to vet if they start looking bad. Enjoy!!

Attachments

• image-3105752828.jpg
    image-3105752828.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 132
  • image-2328184039.jpg
    image-2328184039.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image-3561760642.jpg
    image-3561760642.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 105

alderan33

Oct 15, 2010
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett Pro Pointer
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great job. I have a lot of respect for someone who watches out for the little guys. I even take the ants and worms out of the hole before I fill it back in. He he

Chrystal

Apr 5, 2012
Pauls Valley, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww, i would take them all to the vet and get them some formula and bottles and feed them until they get older. If the nest had been disturbed by a mower then the mother probably will not come back. Good luck and i hope they make it.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Chrystal said:
Aww, i would take them all to the vet and get them some formula and bottles and feed them until they get older. If the nest had been disturbed by a mower then the mother probably will not come back. Good luck and i hope they make it.

It's funny how different people can be. I would fire up the grill.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done.

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awww-how cute! I hope they all make it.

(I guess you can really tell who the girls are in this thread : )

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry, jonesy, didn't think so : ) It's just that man rarely go, "awwwww" " )

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
LOL...."ticm".....could follow an old Saturday Night Live thing "Larry the Lobster"....and let the readers decide their fate.....release or grill.....lol. "Warm them briquet's up"...

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they are gong to be ok! My wife and little daughter and I have a soft spot for animals too. A couple of weeks ago we found our cat playing with a dead newly hatched baby Wren. Amazingly there was another one in the grass that was still alive! After 8 hours of feeding it every 20 minutes, my wife drove the baby bird to an animal rehab an hour and a half away. I was so happy that the baby was going to be ok. I asked my wife how the trip was--driving on the highway on her way home from the shelter, feeling good about her good deed, a bird smacked into the windshield and was killed! Damn...

Chrystal

Apr 5, 2012
Pauls Valley, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fire up the grill for baby rabbits, not unless your starving to death. If i lived anywhere jonesy2012 id rescue them!!! Very disturbing comment ticm.

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love rabbits and really love baby ones keep an eye on.em.make sure they make it if mom dont come back thet make great pets ik i got a fat one lol

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Chrystal said:
Fire up the grill for baby rabbits, not unless your starving to death. If i lived anywhere jonesy2012 id rescue them!!! Very disturbing comment ticm.

Awwwww

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jonesy2012

Jul 25, 2012
Now that's funny right there! I don't care who ya are!

These little guys are treasure for sure......just a different sort of treasure. It's neat to see how the world works sometimes. So intricate and delicate. Makes me realize there is something much much bigger going on than we probably regularly acknowledge.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
jonesy2012 said:
Now that's funny right there! I don't care who ya are!

These little guys are treasure for sure......just a different sort of treasure. It's neat to see how the world works sometimes. So intricate and delicate. Makes me realize there is something much much bigger going on than we probably regularly acknowledge.

You done good. Hope they live.

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alderan33 said:
Great job. I have a lot of respect for someone who watches out for the little guys. I even take the ants and worms out of the hole before I fill it back in. He he

AH!! Alderan33! I do the same thing. So cool to see Im not alone in looking out for the the little critters. I do the same thing. Its nice to meet another detectorist who does this, and a guy to boot!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread