best form of silver?

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
jnb1994 said:
Nope, it was on ozt. The other three weighed in at either 1.003 or 1 even, it was just the other two that were off

Hmm...could be the scale? I know mine will fluctuate on my ASE's a bit but my scale only cost $7.00! I usually buy from my coin guy so I know they are genuine. I would think that even these coins could be a fraction off but I'm no expert?! As for selling for how much they actually weigh...I doubt it would get you anything more. It's not a huge difference and after all they are 1 oz silver rounds...people don't buy 1.15 oz round ya know?

What kind of rounds did you get? Got any pictures you can share? I have been building a collection of these myself and I love seeing hats out there!!!

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin Town said:
Hmm...could be the scale? I know mine will fluctuate on my ASE's a bit but my scale only cost $7.00! I usually buy from my coin guy so I know they are genuine. I would think that even these coins could be a fraction off but I'm no expert?! As for selling for how much they actually weigh...I doubt it would get you anything more. It's not a huge difference and after all they are 1 oz silver rounds...people don't buy 1.15 oz round ya know?

What kind of rounds did you get? Got any pictures you can share? I have been building a collection of these myself and I love seeing hats out there!!!

I guess it's possible that it's the scale. I'll post pictures when I get home. The weird thing is the two heavy ones are the same design. Its an eagle on one side and the building on the back of bicentennial halves on the other side. The reason why I was asking about selling by weight is because the two heavy rounds have an extra quarter of an ounce of silver. That's almost 10 bucks. And as I buy more silver if I'm able to get a hold of more heavy rounds the extra silver could really add up

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
jnb1994 said:
I guess it's possible that it's the scale. I'll post pictures when I get home. The weird thing is the two heavy ones are the same design. Its an eagle on one side and the building on the back of bicentennial halves on the other side. The reason why I was asking about selling by weight is because the two heavy rounds have an extra quarter of an ounce of silver. That's almost 10 bucks. And as I buy more silver if I'm able to get a hold of more heavy rounds the extra silver could really add up

Yeah like I said I have a collection of ASE'S and those are made by the US Mint so you would think they are all exact but my cheapy $7 scale may not be the most accurate in the world. I am sure if I had something that cost $300 it would read more accurately ya know? Either way good job on upgrading to silver rounds. They are a fun thing to accumulate especially since there are hundreds of designs out there! My personal favorite will always be the ASE. Quite possible my favorite design I all time for any .999 pure round!

Cheers!

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, in that case, you can sell them @ 1.1ozt to scrap places @ 50% spot..

Just kidding (kinda). I'm sure you could find a buyer to buy them for a hair more than normal, but if I recall correctly, they are not rare. .1 ounce weight difference is within the acceptable range to release them from the mint.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread