juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So today started out super slow. Even the weather wasn't the greatest. I hit quite a few parks and was steadily filling my bag with trash and clad. So I called it a day after about 4 hours, and headed home. I kept thinking my jewelry streak was over, but boy was I wrong. The wife said it was grocery shopping day, and I needed to go. We headed across town and I kept thinkin that I forgot somethin. Well I did. I forgot to take the MXT out of the car. So crafty me gets to thinkin. There has got to be an elementary school around here some where. I drove right by the grocery store and told the wife I think there is a school up here somewhere and it won't take too long. She gives me the stink eye, and off we go. Well I found the school around a few more corners than just the first one, and by then the stink eye was smellin real bad. I ended up just hittin the play area to see if someone had beat me to it. Well nobody had hit it in a while. I came away with a bunch of clad, a tortured kids ring, and this necklace. The necklace felt like gold, looked like gold but I still wasn't sure. It has markings but not anything I had seen before. I got it home and acid tested it and it came back as gold. My acid kit only goes to 18k though. So I decided I needed a second opinion. I headed to a local dealer for another test. As soon as he sees it he says yup its gold. He says probably from Thailand or another country like that. Evidently there gold tastes are much richer than Americans. He says He will test it if I like just to make sure. Well it came back as better than 22k. I was dizzy with the news. This is now my best find ever. He kept offering to buy it, but I said no. I don't sell my finds. I am still on cloud nine after this. This one is gonna be tough to beat. Hope all your hunts are going as well as mine. :icon_pirat:

I located a similar chain on the internet. It is from Thailand and is called a marine link One Baht chain. Baht gold is 96.5% pure. This chain sells for over $700.00 retail. Now I am really excited. I guess when the jeweler said better than 22k he meant it.

Attachments

• Best Gold 08.JPG
    Best Gold 08.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 555
Upvote 0

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Re: Best Gold Find So Far

You Suck! :hello2: Obviously I'm only kidding, That's a frigin Awesome find. I've been getting my butt kicked by the surf and am amassing a lovely beer cap collection. Congrats. HH Aloha

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

finderzzs said:
You Suck! :hello2: Obviously I'm only kidding, That's a frigin Awesome find. I've been getting my butt kicked by the surf and am amassing a lovely beer cap collection. Congrats. HH Aloha

:sign10: :sign10: I heard much worse than that from my huntin buddies. My pulltab collection might raval your beer cap collection. Keep it shiny side up. :icon_pirat:
JuJu

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

boy you sure deserve to be on cloud nine, what a fanstastic find you have.. I am dying to know what that bad boy is worth? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bootybay said:
boy you sure deserve to be on cloud nine, what a fanstastic find you have.. I am dying to know what that bad boy is worth? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

;D ;D At todays gold value, the melt is $499.84. Not shabby at all. :icon_pirat:

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT

Damn!!!! 18.8 grams of 22k gold. Congrats. That pays for over half of that MXT. That's what I tell one of my friends: one or two finds and my equipment is paid for, how many fish does he have to catch to pay for that new bass boat, rod and reels, GAS etc. LOL

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:D Yeah, I think most all of us have suffered that look before. ::) Rolling the eyes, and a loud sigh...or two, mumbling something about how crazed we must be. And then the promises we make to only be a few minutes. :D I bet that look changed after she saw what ya found though! :thumbsup:

Just awesome, Juju! Congrats!

Nana :wink:

gallienus267

Jul 18, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Cobra Beach Magnet Fisher 1270

I know what you mean about the "evil eye" from the wife. Been there many times. However I have not been on the end of a fine chain like that one . Great find Sir. :icon_sunny:

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very, Very nice! I will never find one like that with my Explorer SE. I did a test with my real gold, heavy, mens chain and the machine would not hear it in any mode! Maybe you got lucky and got a hit on that big clasp, or . . . you have a better machine for gold than I do.

Congratulations, hopefully that will offset the stink eye for a while ;)

HH, Mark

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

BeachBumm said:
Very, Very nice! I will never find one like that with my Explorer SE. I did a test with my real gold, heavy, mens chain and the machine would not hear it in any mode! Maybe you got lucky and got a hit on that big clasp, or . . . you have a better machine for gold than I do.

Congratulations, hopefully that will offset the stink eye for a while ;)

HH, Mark
It rang up real low on the MXT. I pinpointed and uncovered the clasp first. I thought it was a bacelet or a fragment. Boy was I surprised. :icon_pirat:

P

Pentico

juju,
Awesome find, I bet your heart stopped for a few when that chain popped out!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Denver Nugget

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread