Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to a park 2 blocks from the apartment that I have always been embarrassed to go... it isn't very old so probably no silver but the girls always lay out and tan themselves in the summer... so was hoping for gold rings. Had a cladfest though. Luckily its not full of bottle tops and pull tabs either. I guess that is a plus for a newer park. $2.30 plus a Western Super 12 gauge brass. How that got there beats me!!

Attachments

• 03112011JonquilPark1.jpg
    03112011JonquilPark1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 03112011Jonquil3.jpg
    03112011Jonquil3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 140

Marvin

Dec 24, 2010
Western Burbs of Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any new park or or other lot that has had dirt trucked in might have al kinds of stuff in it. "Clean Fill" isn't always clean fill. That dirt may have been trucked out of a new subdivision that used to be a corn field. The dirt will go through a sifter but the holes in the screen are large enough to golf ball size objects and clumps of dirt through. Hit all the new parks. If you're out there this summer post some photos of what you find above ground :laughing7:

OP
OP
Gimmie The Loot

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah good point Marvin. Never know where the fill dirt came from. I once found a UMC rimfire bullet in a 1980's park. Obviously a really old bullet to be in a new park. Now I understand how it could of gotten there.

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is always amazing some of the items that pop up where you least expect them,great aspect of the hobby...
You do have a nice pile of coinage there Jason...and it seems like you are getting the winter rust shaken off quite nicely...
I too would like to see some "summer" pics of the park.....

Scott

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice clean-up there :thumbsup:

Check the dates on the clad. . . if you're in the 1960's for the most part, it's likely that there still may be some silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions