timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one of my best hunts this year today. I had a few things to do in town, so I stopped by the downtown banks while I was at it. 3 out of the 5 banks I stopped at had no half dollars. One bank had $11.50 worth, so I took those and got 1 40% out of it. The other bank had $70 in rolled halves. I figured they were someone's dumps because one of the rolls had writing on it, but turns out they weren't. One of the rolls was a solid roll of 40%ers. Out of the other 6 rolls, I got 2 90% kens and 3 more 40%ers.
I'm glad I stopped at some banks, I've spent a lot of my time hitting garage sales since the halves have slowed down in my area. It's good to take a break now and then. It makes me want to hit the roll hunting harder again, I think think I'll give dimes a try this week too.

total take 24 40% and 2 90%.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this puts me over 100 silver halves this year. Total silver halves are at 109 (27 being 90%), total silver coins at 127. I know it's not a lot compared to the big dogs on here, but I'm happy with it.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic score for such few rolls! :icon_thumleft:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice score!!! I remember my first solid roll of 40%, 1969d... very nice and the bank had been productive after that for about 6 months with a few silver halves here and there. Then new teller came in and now there are *no halves* >:( There are no halves in my area, the only ones I get are from boxes which I have to order making road trips worthless. HH!

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know how that goes buffaloboy, when it dries up I take a break for a week or two, sometimes longer. People are eventually going to dump off customer rolls though, so I always go back. I've found solid 40%rolls before, found a few last year. Always a great feeling.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Hey Timbobwey! Rileyboy here!
Great score on that solid roll of silver. They are few and far between, but it's still out there for the finding.
Congrats.
rileyboy
(Rich, R.I.P.)

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Riley, I hope your hunts are going well. Looks like you've had a good year so far. Happy hunting to you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions