spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were good, and I still have some of their albums.. I liked Booker T and the MG's better.. Maybe because they were more rock/blues :dontknow:

I think I came up with more than you did :P

My favorite is

Then we also have Chuck Mangione who is my all time favorite :headbang:

If you never heard a Land of Make Believe, give the whole song a good listening to :headbang:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to admit Wipe Out was the first thing I learned to play on the drums :laughing9:

Yes, it was rocking for that time, but things changed quickly back then too :tongue3:

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HA! I knew you were going to say Booker T and the MG's!

How 'bout these guys? If you listen toward the end of the song you will hear a FRENCH HORN!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Booker T was actually my second choice, but they were more popular than Chuck Mangione. The French horn is nice, but I like the Flugelhorn better :tongue3: Then again,considering some of the other woodwind and brass instruments, I love the sax, flute and oboe. Never been a big fan of the trumpet, even though I like jazz. :dontknow:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just watching your video "Walk, Don't Run", and I had to laugh.. It was a great song for the time, but I noticed the drummer really only needed a snare, bass drum, and 2 cymbals :laughing7:

The guy has a double base kit, 4 tom-toms, floor tom-tom and didn't use most of the set. I think that even when I had first picked up a pair of sticks, I was already better then he would ever be :laughing9:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
The UK entrant:

50 years and 69 hits kinda tells a story? The shadows sound was an inspiration and emulated by many bands. Here's my fav'.(stick with it...it's worth it) :

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chuck Mangione!!!??? Got to see Booker T. up here last year in Frisco. Actually, for instrumentals, we were down with Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. Those of us in jr. high band that played trumpet and cornet at the time were suddenly made sexy, and we could all play 'Lonely Bull'. Before that, it was pretty much cavalry bugle calls, which chicks didn't really notice.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Herb Alpert RGINN. They were awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread