Best meatballs ever

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Appetizer Meatballs

Ok this is no joke, so simple a child could do it, yet they are the best meatballs I've ever had.

Whip up your meatballs however you like, you could even use sawdust for filler, this sauce'll make 'em taste just Jim Dandy....

1 jar Welch's grape jelly (32 ounces)
1 jar Heinz chili sauce (12 ounces)

Allow mixture to heat up til steaming in a crock pot, mix well. Add meatballs, turn down heat and simmer for an hour or so.

Makes enough sauce for a couple dozen 1 inch meatballs. I usually make up 5 dozen or so for outings, double the sauce ingredients as necessary.

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Not overly spicy, but with a little bit of zing to them, and sweet. Since introducing them to my family, I am now REQUIRED to make them at every family gathering, LOL! :)

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Jeffro: Used to make the same identical recipe at the Bar/Rest. I managed! We just called them Sweet & Sour Meatballs! Customers loved them! :P

Joe 8)

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
I use 1 can of jellied cranberry sauce with the jar of chili sauce.
But, I'm gonna try grape jelly next time :)

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Not just any ol' jelly, gotta be Welches- And I'm gonna try the cranberry jelly, that sounds delicious,too.

M

MiniMe

I've always just made Italian style meatballs with the spaghetti sauce. I'm going to have to give these a try, they sound delicious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread