Best of the best with money not an option.

zenman

Jul 15, 2010
Palm Beach County Florida
Detector(s) used
IconData unit

Aquapulse AQ1B, TM-808 W/ Cave. Garrett Infinium LS, JW Fisher Pulse 8x, JW Fisher Diver Mag 1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On land, the Minelab GPX 5000 with absolutely no doubt.

In the FRESHwater you would probably want a VLF, but I suppose PI wise you would want a Tesoro Sand Shark with an 8" coil or a Whites Dual Field.

OP
OP
zenman

zenman

Jul 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
IconData unit

Aquapulse AQ1B, TM-808 W/ Cave. Garrett Infinium LS, JW Fisher Pulse 8x, JW Fisher Diver Mag 1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea of the infinium ls?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The same as the Sand Shark, or Dual Field. Costs more, does not have a lifetime warranty like the Sand Shark. None of these machines will get subgram gold, not one.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you're looking for one machine that does it all in the environments you've described--it doesn't exist yet. The best for PI nugget huntong is the Minelab 5000--bar none. Underwater PI's for nugget hunting is a bit of a crap-shoot. I have the Sand Shark, and I've used it to find gold underwater, and I've used it to find gold in areas of hot mineralization on dry ground, but as Terry has told you, they're not designed to be ultra-sensitive to smaller gold.

Minelab just came out with a new waterproof detector for land and water use, but it's only waterproof to ten feet I believe. That's not much use for going after deeper gold that's submerged. Someone may get around to developing a Pulse machine that's seriously dedicated, and seriously sensitive to both environments, but it's not out there yet. Some people really like the Infinium, but it's not a premier gold machine for both environments by a long shot--the Minelab 5000 still rules the land.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
zenman

zenman

Jul 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
IconData unit

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is the feeling on the infinium for river's, streams, ocean up to 40' ?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think what would be most beneficial for you now is to find a good forum dedicated solely to the Infinium. There you will find people that are avid, loyal users, and they will be able to answer all of your questions about any specifics on the detectors functions. Just google a bit and you should get the hits you're looking for.

All the best,

Lanny

Last edited:
OP
OP
zenman

zenman

Jul 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
IconData unit

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank u very much

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drop a dime & phone up the Whites Company on their toll free number in Sweet Home, Oregon. They will give you information on finding under a gram Gold with their MD... Golden T.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread