Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this today at an orange grove in central Florida that they are pushing up to build houses. I found a nice point while driving through this grove about five years ago. I went back to the same spot and it had been scraped and there was a big dirt bank about ten foot high. I looked around and there was nothing, not even flakes. I looked up the bank and near the top I spotted something. I went up the hill and it was sticking half way out of the sand and I said "Please let it be whole". I pulled it out and got butterflies in my stomach and couldnt stop smiling. Its 3 1/2 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide and its thin. There was nothing else to be found, no chips,no pottery,nothing. Best one Ive ever found and I cant stop picking it up and holding it.

Attachments

• IMG_0351.JPG
    IMG_0351.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    292.8 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    379.2 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    381.9 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0356.JPG
    IMG_0356.JPG
    322 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0357.JPG
    IMG_0357.JPG
    359.3 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0358.JPG
    IMG_0358.JPG
    303.7 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 7
Really nice find. Good detective work! Congratulations!

You should visit this site as often as you can, the world needs to see this early history! Beautiful find.

Great find. It's different than the ones my Dad used to find here in Indiana. Congratulations!

What tribe would that have been from? Anyone have any idea as to the period of time it dates from? That is a really nice one!

Sweeeeet!!!

Man that's nice

Lucky you went back! That would have been lost forever. Could be so old that their were not tribes as we know them just native man. Nice Fla Knife artifact. Want typology and age post it in the North American artifact section. Good for you lookindown :hello:

TnMtns

WOW that is beautiful! any time I've ever found a point, I always wonder about the person who made it.

Hey Lookingdown, it pays to look up every now and then.:headbang: What a handsome point. Congrats on the save.
ZDD

wow, that is indeed an amazing point. good night. congratulations on being the first person to touch that in a looooong time.

Great finds:icon_thumright: Congratulations:icon_thumright:

Nice point-looks like it could be that Fl fossil coral too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back