Best penny box yet

Dave 77

Oct 19, 2008
A few days ago I picked up two boxes of pennies. The first box was pretty good with 20 wheats. I just got around to doing the other box today. Roll after roll had at least one wheat and some had two or three. I ended up with 63 wheat pennies in one box, my best box ever. The oldest was a 1919 but the rest was all 40s and 50s. There were also a 1956 and 1956D with luster. And just as an added bonus there were two dimes. Even though most were 40s and 50s I'll take it and hopefully more boxes are like this. :icon_thumleft:
Thanks for listening
Dave

Upvote 0

mrbelvetron

Jun 15, 2004
Cleburne, TX.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Way to go on the wheaties.

I always go back to pennies and nickels when I can't satisfy the craving with enough halves. The boxes are never skunks and if you can get at least ten dollars of each kind you usually won't get skunked by those.

Case in point I picked up $14 in pennies and $12 in nickels four days ago just to scratch the itch. Several wheats including a 1926-D and several pre-60 nicks.

bourassa5

Nov 8, 2008
Nice score, my boxes seem to be just getting worse and worse lately. 2 months ago I got 4 boxes between 100-200 and ever since then I'm not even coming close to my avareges mabey I hit the bottom of a pallet and now I'm getting newer boxes. Well nice score I hope they keep coming and has anyone heard from shake and bake???

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
Thats definitely impressive :thumbsup: I usually do customer rolls and never have came close to that out of $25, although I do it more for the copper content then anything. Nice Finds! :thumbsup:

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
If you got a 44 check it for the D over S variation on the mint mark.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread