Best place to buy MD

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
Look on the garrett website for certified dealers. Then just call and ask what they do as far as service for any problems you may have with the detector. Some places will send it back for you and pay the postage. I have an Ace250 also and i really like it. Ebay has had some for around $190 brand new. Just be careful. GL.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is always best to buy from a dealer near you even if you have to drive a ways to them to get the knowledge about using the detector of choice and the chance to save UPS from dropping it a few times. However this is not always possible and ya gotta order from mail order and take the chance UPS will only drop it a couple times. Beware of places that say they will include lots of extra supplies for "Free" that is worth $XXX.00, as the "Free" stuff about worthless. Some even make it seem like the extra stuff they send you is of their free will when in fact the manufacturer offers it to you with the purchase of their detector.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco. Ive had nothing but great service from those folks.

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rodney,
Please let me know if I can help you in any way! If you have any questions please feel free to ask!
Kellyco Chick

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I have had great success with Kellyco. I have helped 5 other people buy their machines from Kellyco and I have bought from them. They are A+ to deal with.

I have also had gret success with detectordepot. The guy I called the other day spent an hour just answering questions and talking about detecting stuff on the phone. The stuff they include is usually an upgrade from some of the "stuff" other places throw in. This has been a good place for me.

ghost_rider

Apr 20, 2008
There is a place in Land O' Lakes, FL called Famous Treasures, the will ship and ACE 250 with brand new batteries for $212.

THis is a great store and they have a web page you can check out as well as selling on Ebay.

Not sure if they are on the dealer list or not but they have some good deals.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ghost_rider said:
There is a place in Land O' Lakes, FL called Famous Treasures, the will ship and ACE 250 with brand new batteries for $212.

THis is a great store and they have a web page you can check out as well as selling on Ebay.

Not sure if they are on the dealer list or not but they have some good deals.
I'll second that ! Joe and Scott are good guys to deal with. I bought my last 2 detectors from them.

prison police

Tenderfoot
Jun 9, 2008
Marion, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I bought mine off a dealer in Cali and it came with 5 FREE gifts. I believe I found him buy googling Garret Ace 250 dealers and browsed. I got my Ace, a carry bag, head phones (good ones) a carry apron and digging tool. Very pleased on the fast shipping. Wished I could remember the name but I am sure if you google it you will find him along with the deal. Hope this helps. PP

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
I bought mine off a dealer in Cali and it came with 5 FREE gifts. I believe I found him buy googling Garret Ace 250 dealers and browsed. I got my Ace, a carry bag, head phones (good ones) a carry apron and digging tool. Very pleased on the fast shipping. Wished I could remember the name but I am sure if you google it you will find him along with the deal. Hope this helps. PP

Sounds like the one I ordered two ACE's from last year (one for me and one for my nephew). Company is A & S Company (also called Detection Net). Can't remember the owner's name, but nice guy to deal with, AND he doesn't charge shipping for the detector OR the FREE ITEMS, like some do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread