Best Place to sell gold?

Demrok

May 24, 2007
I'm new to gold, lol

Just wonder where the best place to sell it is?
Is there a certain gold buyer that is the best? (for raw gold as well as gold jewelry)

I have some old broken rings and such... but would like to do some gold hunting and the question of..

What do I do with gold once I have it?

has been on my mind...
Anyone able to answer those questions?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Demrok said:
I'm new to gold, lol

Is there a certain gold buyer that is the best? (for raw gold as well as gold jewelry)

I have some old broken rings and such... but would like to do some gold hunting and the question of..

has been on my mind...

Thanks!

A good place to start is Midwest Refineries. You can find them on-line and they are very honest.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Demrok said:
I'm new to gold, lol

has been on my mind...

Thanks!

Besides Midwestern Refineries, you can also check with one of the members here, user name of Jewelerdave. I haven't sent any gold to him yet, but he will be who I send mine to when I do. I would rather send my gold to a TreasureNet jeweler member who pays the same or better and has members here who will vouch for him... :icon_thumright:

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Treasure_Hunter said:
Demrok said:
I'm new to gold, lol

has been on my mind...

Thanks!

Besides Midwestern Refineries, you can also check with one of the members here, user name of Jewelerdave. I haven't sent any gold to him yet, but he will be who I send mine to when I do. I would rather send my gold to a TreasureNet jeweler member who pays the same or better and has members here who will vouch for him... :icon_thumright:

Thanks TH, I didnt know about him...... I agree, JewlerDave would be the first choice for sure.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cap'n Crunch said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Demrok said:
I'm new to gold, lol

has been on my mind...

Thanks!

Thanks TH, I didnt know about him...... I agree, JewlerDave would be the first choice for sure.

I feel I would rather deal with a TN member who is a jeweler and buys gold at the going rate, here is a link to another thread with some very good information by Jewelerdave.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,290959.msg2090683.html#msg2090683

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
I've dealt with Midwestrefineries and they were honest and easy to deal with. All of their info is available, up front, on their website. They assay your gold, so you are getting $$ for the gold, as well as any other metals mixed in (I've received payment for platinum and silver when I have sent my raw "gold" in).

I know there are other outfits out there, as well, and individuals, too. I'd suggest finding a place or person "in your neck of the woods" to deal with so that if the need arises, you could always pay them a visit in person. :wink:

Best of luck in twenty-ten!

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
ARA pays 98% and are honest, I would not recommend Midwest refineries.

OP
OP
D

Demrok

May 24, 2007
Thanks everyone for the good advice, now that I know about Jewelerdave I'll more then likely contact him with any of my Gold inquiries =)
Happy new year to all!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Local Craigslist easily wins--local sales--no shipping costs/insurance--cash up front--no sleezebay/paylesspal costs--repeat sales--no losses--no refining fees--sweet and ez 2 do-John

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoser John said:
Local Craigslist easily wins--local sales--no shipping costs/insurance--cash up front--no sleezebay/paylesspal costs--repeat sales--no losses--no refining fees--sweet and ez 2 do-John

Local Craigslists will not give you the same amount of dollar you get selling it to JewelerDave, or Midwestern Ref.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 spot for gram nuggets--ok--beat that and bigger =2 X-John and repeat NO COSTS---ZERO---NATHA

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoser John said:
I get 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 spot for gram nuggets--ok--beat that and bigger =2 X-John and repeat NO COSTS---ZERO---NATHA

Your post didn't mention nuggets, if your talking gold nuggets, you can always find a buyer that will pay more for a nugget then gold jewelry being melted down.....

If I had access to gold nuggets I would be making desktop display cases and selling them on Craigslist and EBay........No arguement from me on that at all...... :icon_thumright:

Addict

Dec 6, 2009
O.C. So. Cal.
Detector(s) used
New MXT300 - old B.H. QuickDraw
Treasure_Hunter said:
Hoser John said:

Your post didn't mention nuggets, if your talking gold nuggets, you can always find a buyer that will pay more for a nugget then gold jewelry being melted down.....

If I had access to gold nuggets I would be making desktop display cases and selling them on Craigslist and EBay........No arguement from me on that at all...... :icon_thumright:

Agreed Raw Natural gold sells higher than metal worth - the collectors pay nicely for it.

http://www.gold-nuggets.org/nugget-news.htm

http://www.california-gold-rush-miner.us/crystalline-wire-gold-nuggets.htm

http://nevada-outback-gems.com/Reference_pages/selling_gold.htm

http://www.ehow.com/how_2339845_buy-sell-gold-nuggets.html

Jack Hamilton

Apr 13, 2009
Murrieta Ca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
My local club I belong to buys small quantities of pickers for up to date market value. I think flour gold is some small percentage lower. Pretty good considering all of these cash for gold companies that completely rip you off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread