Best producing beaches along the Jersey shore

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
Does anyone have experience to share?

I have been going to Point Pleasant where I found my first piece of jewelry. Crowds are HUGE there and theres a few other detectorists you will see there.

I go to the 7 Presidents Ocean Front Park as well lately, I found a mans gold wedding band for the owner there yesterday, besides that just change.

I went to wildwood but also just change, these beaches are GIGANTIC.

OP
OP
Kut2TheChase

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Re: Best producting beaches along the Jersey shore

Went to Sea Bright beach today and was almost totally skunked! Just under a dollar in change, no keepers.
Worked it for 4 hours! Cleanest and quietest beach yet, I won't be going back there again.

Scouter

Jan 24, 2007
Brick, NJ
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

I found all the beach's from Sea side to Point Pleasent good for

loose coins to small rings, the best time is the week ends.

Keep your eys on the Ocean front home that are haven a party

you will see the tents set up & find some great stuff after the partt

is over.

I live in Brick & Hunt the beachs ever week-end.

I have over three jars of coins I recoverd.

Scouter

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Are you searching the surf, wet sand or dry sand?

No matter what beach you are searching the dry sand usually produces the least. The wet sand can be good but most of the great stuff is in the surf. Always go a few hours before low tide until a few hours after. If you hunt during high tide you are most likely just wasting gas money.

Due to the different sizes and weights to coins if you find a coin then turn parallel to the water and search some more and there will usually be more of the same coins in a line. Most of the time there will be a line of quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies.

Out in the surf with the different current patterns the heavier jewelery will usually settle in the same area so if you find one heavy piece search that area for more.

As far as what beach to search it depends on what exactly you are looking for. The shore has some great history so if you want to increase your odds of finding older coins or jewelry I would focus on the beaches that had large amounts of activity for a long time. Atlantic City is a great example but with beach replenishment programs it makes it hard to find the old stuff. Sea Bright also has some great history going back to 1840s - look up the village of Nauvoo.

If you are looking for clad then stick to Point Pleasant. No matter what you are looking for if you want to increase it then get into the water.

NJ

OP
OP
Kut2TheChase

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used

I am trying to get into the surf but OMG the waves are murder sometimes here in jersey.
Sunday I was BLASTED by a wave, knocked my headphones off and submerged me for at least 6 seconds and dragged me up the beach filling my shorts with a pound of sand!
This is truely a difficult proposition.

OP
OP
Kut2TheChase

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Anyone with experience at Cliffwood Beach, I went to check it out and it was almost deserted and dirty.
Also, how about Lawrence Harbor? Or Seigler?
I went to a natural beach today near the old morgan area (Sayerville) that looked like it wasn't ever used as a formal beach on the Raritan Bay. I found nothing but beer cans. Old map showed ruins there but I couldnt find any.
Tons of dead horseshoe crabs though all over, kinda sad.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have not tried Cliffwood Beach. I was at Union Beach last weekend but did not detect. Had the family with me so I want to spend some quality time. My wife saw me look at the beach and gave me the green light but I did take her up on it. I was enjoying watching our our daughter playing in the water.

I did make a mental note to make my way back there....

Good Luck

NJ

OP
OP
Kut2TheChase

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Going to hit up seaside this weekend, let's hope for the best, I will report back in with the results

OP
OP
Kut2TheChase

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Hey RMAC, how are you? Welcome to the forum. I would like to hunt with you sure.
I was thinking seaside heights cause the low tides are at a good time for getting on the beach after you dont have to pay and the lifeguards are gone. Maybe you can meet me halfway in Seaside? Atlantic City is kindof a haul for me.
Chase

Tides for Seaside Heights, ocean starting with August 4, 2007.
Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

Sa 4 Low 5:49 AM -0.1 5:57 AM Set 12:22 PM 72
4 High 12:15 PM 5.1 8:07 PM Rise 11:02 PM
4 Low 6:33 PM 0.6

Su 5 High 12:36 AM 4.5 5:58 AM Set 1:37 PM 61
5 Low 6:40 AM 0.1 8:06 PM Rise 11:34 PM
5 High 1:09 PM 5.1
5 Low 7:43 PM 0.6

Scouter

Jan 24, 2007
Brick, NJ