best score and best deal yet!

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay first, I yesterday sold some 40%ers for 105 and wanted to use the money to buy a roll of dimes. After looking all around a Guy at a local gold shop said they where selling rolls of Rosie's for 93$ out the door. He went on to say they where of course sold out. But he said "I have a roll of mercury dimes but there more expencive" I asked how much and he said only THREE dollars more. I said "well I guess I'll take them even though they are more expencive". And thats the store of how I got a whole roll of mercury dimes for only 96$!

ForumRunner_20130501_124211.png

And here's the find I was talking about! I had 9 dollars left over so I stopped at the first bank I saw and bought a roll of dimes and 2 rolls of nickels. The nickels where both skunks but the dimes, oh no they where anything but a skunk! I found 1 merc, 2 Rosie's and get this 3 barbers!!! I almost died of shock but I composed myself and relaxed for a while. I then knew I had to tell you all about my amazing day!

Here's the ones from the dime roll

ForumRunner_20130501_125135.png

Upvote 0
I hope you went back to the bank and purchased all the dimes you could get your hands on. Even if you didn't have money, I'd go sell some silver if I found a bank that threw out 6 silver dimes in a roll.

Also, You need to update your goals. I think you exceeded your barber dime goal:icon_thumleft:

Yeah I haven't updated my goals in a little while since I mostly use the mobile app to make posts and such. Also they only had the one that wasn't machine wrapped. :P

Nice barber score...

Of course ill post a couple

ForumRunner_20130501_145802.png

ForumRunner_20130501_145859.png

Terrible pictures but that's the best I can do with my phones camera. :P hope you like it!

Full rims, clear legend and date. Possible letters of "Liberty". Can't tell by the pics, but it looks like it is better than a cull to me. I definitely wouldn't place it with the culls.

Mine almost did! Also I'm going to save it in a bag and get a flip or maybe even an airtight for it. You can see all the letters over liberty over the head but they are fading a bit. I think it's in fantastic shape for a dime thats over 100 years old!

That is very cool. I've been looking to buy a roll of mercury dimes myself. I'll be checking with the LCS this Saturday and see what his prices look like. Last time I checked he was at 19x spot. That 1907 looks like a very nice coin. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back