Best shark teeth hunt ever!

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
On Wednesday my Grandfather and I went hunting at a friends creek (more of a trickle really) and he found that honking, perfect 2 1/2 inch tooth! The half of the 1 3/4 inch tooth was the largest tooth I'd found yet so we had a great time :) The other three teeth were the 3rd, 4th and 5th place teeth from the hunt.

Attachments

• image-4133630331.jpg
    image-4133630331.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 141
  • image-1571865379.jpg
    image-1571865379.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 136
  • image-1544494017.jpg
    image-1544494017.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Meg. Tooth is in excellent shape.
How's the back?
I'd be down there with a shovel and sifting screen if your not already.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
I sadly only go there 2-3 times a year. My uncle and I went back the next day and found a couple nice ones but nothing spectacular. Since its about three hours away from my house I only go there when I visit my grandparents and even then I don't always get to go. I've found a few nice shark teeth there. I'll try to get a picture of the back up later, it's just as pretty if not more :)

Last edited:

Age_old

Jul 30, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice tooth, killer quality and color. Get as much as you can out of that creek before someone else does. Congrats!

OP
OP
G

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice tooth, killer quality and color. Get as much as you can out of that creek before someone else does. Congrats!

I know! It's incredible the quality of the tooth! What's cool about the creek is that the whole thing is private property so no one has access except for the family members and close friends (which would be me and my family mostly) so its basically an untapped source!

Age_old

Jul 30, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know! It's incredible the quality of the tooth! What's cool about the creek is that the whole thing is private property so no one has access except for the family members and close friends (which would be me and my family mostly) so its basically an untapped source!

Wow, lucky you! It's hard to find Megs these days without diving, let alone that quality. If I were you, I would hit that place as much as possible, and you are sure pull a really big guy. It also might be worth it for you to search the area more, to try to find another creek off the property. Where there is one, there is always more.

OP
OP
G

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to hunt it more, but like I said its rare to get out there, I can just imagine what is there! There's gotta be bigger ones!!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm anywhere near you..I'll gladly toss my sifter in the truck and give you a ride.. :-)
I would.. but seriously don't tell many people where that is.

OP
OP
G

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
If I'm anywhere near you..I'll gladly toss my sifter in the truck and give you a ride.. :-)
I would.. but seriously don't tell many people where that is.

Haha that'd be fun, but no, you're about 5 hours from me and two hours (I think) from the place :) its such a fun site to hunt at!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha that'd be fun, but no, you're about 5 hours from me and two hours (I think) from the place :) its such a fun site to hunt at!

Ahhh.. I think I Know the area... you should hunt for Native American artifacts there too.

OP
OP
G

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahhh.. I think I Know the area... you should hunt for Native American artifacts there too.

Haha i found a scraper there too :) A couple probabal beads too. The cool thing is that on account of private property the feds cant take them :) Name the area :)

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha i found a scraper there too :) A couple probabal beads too. The cool thing is that on account of private property the feds cant take them :) Name the area :)

Its that spot.. over by that thing.. just north of the whatchamacallit.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent Find! I like it!

I'll even come down and help you do a little looking, but it would be quite a drive for me. Your family's property sounds like an ideal place to not forsake the opportunity it offers. For your sake I would try and visit the property and not just for the artifacts but the time spent with your grandparents. Good Luck!

OP
OP
G

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent Find! I like it!

I'll even come down and help you do a little looking, but it would be quite a drive for me. Your family's property sounds like an ideal place to not forsake the opportunity it offers. For your sake I would try and visit the property and not just for the artifacts but the time spent with your grandparents. Good Luck!

Actually the property belongs to my grandparents best friends but they let me hunt whenever i get out there, though it was a lot of fun hunting with my grandfather :)

OP
OP
G

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Great looking tooth. Get out there as much as you can with him.

Thx :) I went back a couple months back and got a couple tiny guys, nothing spectacular. Next time i'll score the 8 incher ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread