Best Silver Coin I Ever Found

BobPA

Feb 18, 2007
Williamsport, Home of Little League Baseball
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
I found a 1950 Roosevelt dime today. It's the best silver coin I have ever found because it is the ONLY one that I have ever found. I have only been detecting for about six months and have found just under 1300 clad coins but no silver coins until today.

I have detected this lot (About 75' x75') about five times in the past and only found clad. It has been so dry here that the ground was like rock and today was the first time I picked up the detector in about a month. Last week it rained for three days for a total of about three inches and the soil is now damp. I know I have been over the area that I found the dime many times. Could it be that the rain helped make the signal stronger? Are signals better in damp soil versus dry soil?

Attachments

• IMG_1953.JPG
    IMG_1953.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,095
  • IMG_1949.JPG
    IMG_1949.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,093
  • IMG_1950.JPG
    IMG_1950.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,072
Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love finding those silver coins...Out of almost 300 dimes, the only silver ones I have found have been the 4 mercs...all the rosies have all be '65 or above...Seems like the odds would soon change in my favor..lol HH and find some more.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first silver coin. Yes, the wet soil does make it easier to pick up the deeper coins. I noticed it about 30 years ago. There's a lot more out there for you to find. Way to go there!

DANGLANGLEY

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good finds, Congratulations !!!
I belive too, that wet ground conditions make for better signals.
Regards, Digman

OP
OP
BobPA

BobPA

Feb 18, 2007
Williamsport, Home of Little League Baseball
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
mona lisa said:
Way to go, Bob! You're in a perfect area to find some great old coins. 8)

I haven't tested the wet/dry ground theory, but I have heard over and over again that wet ground conditions make for better signals.

Have you gone to any Little League World Series games? :)

Did not go to any of the games. It's easier to watch on TV. Congratulations to Georgia for keeping the title in the USA.
Bob

R

RUDY2003

Alright Bob! Nice pile of coin.
And you mean best silver Yet!

Keep diggin'...

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first silver find. It's fun to find the silver

Slytlytilted

Jun 19, 2007
hey Bob congratulations on your first Rosie!!!! i hope you find many more soon an hopefully i'll be with ya!!! Way to go, HH Slytlytilted

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
congrats on number 1 of 1 million (hopefully). I dont know if wet ground helps, though that seems to be the rumor going round for the last 20 years! I do know I find more when the ground is damp cause its easier to dig soft ground than bone hard ground! ;D

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Congrats on your first silver. My first was also a Roosie some 30 years ago. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find plenty more.
From one PA Bob to another.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions