Best silver producing bank.....

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Just cut me off. The really painful part is ive been a customer there for 27 years. I only order halves there once every 2 months and have never ordered more than 3k at a time because "their vault" is usually empty, which lets you know why it produced. I was always getting the newly taken in halves. It usually took a couple months before they had a couple 1000 worth and i always got silver every single order including a machined bag with 119 keepers and 17$ in other random non 50cent clad. I was cordial about them telling me they wouldnt order anymore because the young lady who did my ordering was always so polite and had a smile available when she would see me come in. Her manager told her it was costing them too much money to order the coin, although I asked before ever making the first order if they were being charged more. I was told no, as they have a monthly fee for using the carrier service regardless of the amount of pick ups or drop offs. I thought to myself well hopefully it was just miscommunication and not a fib so i asked if the manager would let me keep ordering and i would just pay the fee they are being charged for the over order and what did i get? No. Well at least now i know it wasnt miscommunication. They just dont want to do it anymore which is ok. Could have just out and said that though instead of lying about it.

Upvote 0

2Cents

Nov 4, 2009
California
I can see handling boxes as more than just a financial pain for them. When i go in I usually tie up a teller who has to lock up their drawers and quadruple check them then go talk to the manager who then goes back with the teller to the vault. They have to load it up (usually on a rolling chair) and wheel it out. During this time the teller lines just keeps getting bigger. Often times I get the young girls who complain how heavy the boxes are as they lift them from the chair to the counter. Most the time they drop the boxes while trying to hoist them up on to the counter. One girl even dropped a box of nickels right on my finger as she was trying to set it down on the counter (I'm more careful now).

OP
OP
JD-GA

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Im always over careful about being a problem for anyone. This bank had a push cart which is right beside the vault door, on the inside of course. They open the door, i push it out and bring it back to the door. Im usually in and out of the bank in less than 3 minutes. I simply do not order coins from a bank where it causes any sort of backup. It was my understanding the courier service set the bags on the cart, and it was me who took them off the cart so quite literally besides checking the coins in on paper and checking them out on paper and turning a key the rest was not on the bank to do which is how i try to make it.

Im probably on the very opposite side of the CRH hunter mentality from expecting something for nothing. I know and appreciate that im being done a favor by the tellers and the banks for allowing me to do my hobby so im always mindful and thankful for anyone i come across who had a part in the process. I even said thank you for letting me know after being cut off this week. That is why of all my pickup banks this one cutting me off was so confusing. It has high volumn, has a weekly courier service, i ordered so rarely, and I know i was appreciative in both attitude and vocally. I would have thought the bank i order a ton from that has low volume that ive only been an account holder for 6 months would have tossed me on my butt way before this one haha.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
JD-GA said:
they have a monthly fee for using the carrier service regardless of the amount of pick ups or drop offs

if they do, I wonder why they complain... they shouldn't care unless you bring it back to them

drpineapple

Apr 27, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
My 2 cents/guess is it is the mighty dollar/electron again. It seems most banks fill out a form when something is going in and out of the vault. Now as computer systems and software are more powerful, when the data gets entered a flag goes up on some things. So if they are comparing branches of nothing going on to yours where $3k is abnormal for them the branch manager gets a phone call from corporate and is asked what is going on? Then again maybe I'm wrong.

Besides being a customer for 27 years doesn't mean much to a computer or corporate personel. It might of meant something to a local small town one branch banker in the previous age but not now in the digital age of only numbers.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you got shafted, but don't worry. You will score at plenty of other banks. I've never had just one bank that produced silver, it's scattered around for me.

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
Best silver producing banks in CT are Bank of America and Peoples without a doubt. Wachovia is UBER good but they stopped ordering for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread