alex12

Greenie
Mar 1, 2019
Lorain County
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a really great site that had 3 buildings on an 1860s map. I hit the site 5 total times, each time coming back with a fairly significant haul for me atleast, with the exception of the last where I came up empty handed.
Total items saved one small complete crotal bell, 2 weddings bands, 3 suspender clips, 14 buttons one is a Civil War Officer's Infantry button, 1 broach, 2 belt buckles, 3 Canadian bank tokens, 6 large cents, 1 cut large cent, 3 indian head pennies, 2 flying eagles and a flying eagle civil war token. Also two unidentified toasted coppers one is 36mm the other 34mm. One trip my wife came with me. She had never found anything before and neither of us were finding anything at all. So I went deep into the property hoping for a signal, I come up with a great signal a couple hundred yards away from where the buildings used to be, I ask her to walk over to me she finds a "modern penny" sitting on the surface, I said can I see it, it ends up being a civil war token. So she says "ugh I wanted to dig a coin!". We both started laughing and I said think about it this way, that coin has sat there for 157 years until you picked it up how cool and mind blowing is that?

I wanted to point out a few interesting (boring) things in terms of results, you are obviously welcome to skip to the photos. The first 2 times out I swept horizontal. The next 2 times out hit it caddy corner and it was as if I was on a new site that had never been hit before. 5th time out, no finds (just trash) even spent a few hours on the remaining 11 acres and nothing. The other interesting thing is as annoying as it is to hit near the road because of trash specifically beer and pop cans, I found 2 flying eagles in the same hole essentially stuck to each other one to two feet from the road, right next to the gravel of the berm. I would've never thought this soil could go undisturbed this close to the road.

The reason we're laughing in the photo is there were insane storm clouds rolling in fast behind us and a thunderstorm was with it. We packed up right after the photo, storm hit as we were driving away!

Thanks for looking and reading HH, Alex

bank of montreal front back complete.jpg selfie.jpg site info.jpg large cents with description.jpg IMG-0322.jpg IMG-0326.jpg his and hers ring complete.jpg civil war token f and back complete.jpg buttons with text.jpg unknown large coin complete.jpg

Upvote 47

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you found a ton of stuff on that site and lots of good stuff! Congrats on it all! I don't mean this as a complaint or putdown but I'm surprised with that kind of stuff you didn't find any silver coins... even modern. That sounds like a pretty awesome surface find for your wife! Thanks for sharing!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a really great site that had 3 buildings on an 1860s map. I hit the site 5 total times, each time coming back with a fairly significant haul for me atleast, with the exception of the last where I came up empty handed.
Total items saved one small complete crotal bell, 2 weddings bands, 3 suspender clips, 14 buttons one is a Civil War Officer's Infantry button, 1 broach, 2 belt buckles, 3 Canadian bank tokens, 6 large cents, 1 cut large cent, 3 indian head pennies, 2 flying eagles and a flying eagle civil war token. Also two unidentified toasted coppers one is 36mm the other 34mm. One trip my wife came with me. She had never found anything before and neither of us were finding anything at all. So I went deep into the property hoping for a signal, I come up with a great signal a couple hundred yards away from where the buildings used to be, I ask her to walk over to me she finds a "modern penny" sitting on the surface, I said can I see it, it ends up being a civil war token. So she says "ugh I wanted to dig a coin!". We both started laughing and I said think about it this way, that coin has sat there for 157 years until you picked it up how cool and mind blowing is that?

I wanted to point out a few interesting (boring) things in terms of results, you are obviously welcome to skip to the photos. The first 2 times out I swept horizontal. The next 2 times out hit it caddy corner and it was as if I was on a new site that had never been hit before. 5th time out, no finds (just trash) even spent a few hours on the remaining 11 acres and nothing. The other interesting thing is as annoying as it is to hit near the road because of trash specifically beer and pop cans, I found 2 flying eagles in the same hole essentially stuck to each other one to two feet from the road, right next to the gravel of the berm. I would've never thought this soil could go undisturbed this close to the road.

The reason we're laughing in the photo is there were insane storm clouds rolling in fast behind us and a thunderstorm was with it. We packed up right after the photo, storm hit as we were driving away!

Thanks for looking and reading HH, Alex

View attachment 1806196 View attachment 1806206 View attachment 1806205 View attachment 1806204 View attachment 1806203 View attachment 1806202 View attachment 1806201 View attachment 1806200 View attachment 1806197 View attachment 1806207

What a Dream hunt congratz to both of y'all.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the fantastic site and recoveries! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread