Best so far

DBG

Aug 6, 2011
Forty Five years ago(almost to the day), myself and Five close friends decided to go swimming at Cedar Lake (about a mile from my house) to escape the summer heat for a little while. I changed into my swimming trunks on the top of a wooded hill about 100 yrds. above the place we were to go swimming. I pulled off my 8th Grade class ring and lay it on the top of my clothes in a small depression by an Oak tree. Needless to say that when I changed back into my clothes I completely forgot about the ring. It has been lost ever since and that was 1966.

I purchased a Garrett Ace 350 from KellyCo last week and after playing with it some in my front yard for a couple mornings, I got to thinking about that ring I lost 45 yrs ago. So I decided this morning to go give it a try before the temperature got up to the forecast ed 100+ degrees.
After about an hour of searching and almost ready to give up because of the fact I couldn't see for all the sweat falling on my glasses and in my eyes, I got a signal! It read as a high end pulltab (I had already dug five or six), but that's also the reading for RINGS on my machine.
Well to make a long story a little shorter There it was after 45 yrs.
The monetary value of this find isn't much to most people, BUT TO ME IT IS PRICELESS. :hello2: :hello2: ;D

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DBG said:
Forty Five years ago(almost to the day), myself and Five close friends decided to go swimming at Cedar Lake (about a mile from my house) to escape the summer heat for a little while. I changed into my swimming trunks on the top of a wooded hill about 100 yrds. above the place we were to go swimming. I pulled off my 8th Grade class ring and lay it on the top of my clothes in a small depression by an Oak tree. Needless to say that when I changed back into my clothes I completely forgot about the ring. It has been lost ever since and that was 1966.

I purchased a Garrett Ace 350 from KellyCo last week and after playing with it some in my front yard for a couple mornings, I got to thinking about that ring I lost 45 yrs ago. So I decided this morning to go give it a try before the temperature got up to the forecast ed 100+ degrees.
After about an hour of searching and almost ready to give up because of the fact I couldn't see for all the sweat falling on my glasses and in my eyes, I got a signal! It read as a high end pulltab (I had already dug five or six), but that's also the reading for RINGS on my machine.
Well to make a long story a little shorter There it was after 45 yrs.
The monetary value of this find isn't much to most people, BUT TO ME IT IS PRICELESS. :hello2: :hello2: ;D

Great story for a find & return ring, didn't have to look far for the owner :wink:

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PICTURES!!!!!!!!!! WE LIKE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE ALWAYS LIKE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE US PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please!

Nice job!

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread