Oct 17, 2012
Upvote 0

ky gold

Greenie
Jun 25, 2010
ky
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac, tesoro tejon, garret infinium ls
I'm looking for a waterproof unit to use for prospecting. From what I've read it sounds like the the Gold Bug II, Tesoro Lobo supertrack and Whites GMT are the best nugget shooting MD's. Is there anything out there comparable to these three that is also waterproof and has the ability to operate in salt water?

I just got the garret infinium ls and am very happy with it. It's submersible to 200 ft, also has advanced pulse induction technology which is better in heavy mineralized soil than vlf detectors

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In fresh water and on land, the Tesoro Tiger Shark works great. Several things about the PI units, they can miss the really small gold nuggets and they also tend to miss wire gold like we have here in CO.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
3rd vote for the Infinium, tuned for gold and ignores most mineralization.
Rich

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got the garret infinium ls and am very happy with it. It's submersible to 200 ft, also has advanced pulse induction technology which is better in heavy mineralized soil than vlf detectors

Nice machine (overpriced), but it is NOT a gold nugget hunter and unless you get the coil over something 1-gram or larger it will walk right over it. No, there is NO waterproof gold nugget hunters on the market at this time.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
A Fair size piece of Gold found at the ocean, in the wetsand saltwater with the Infinium. I hate the LS, but it finds the Gold..it's the HI/Low, Low/Hi's..
. Nugget Oc Sept 3 2010.jpg

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depending how deep you want to go and whether Fresh or Salt water. I'd recommend a Garrett AT Gold for Fresh water gold.

AT Gold includes 18kHz frequency for enhanced detection of small gold nuggets, jewelry, coins and relics!

WATERPROOF TO 10 FEET OR 3 METERS
Deep-seeking True All Metal Mode Preformance
for All Terrain Prospecting!

Highly Recommended - Prospecting, Coin, Jewelry, Cache Hunting, Relic Hunting, Organized Hunts and Shallow Fresh Water Hunting
Not recommended for saltwater use or surf hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread