Best target ID detector ?

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you find what ur looking for...I'm looking at the Whites xlt...or dfx...Darn I wish I was a millionaire...lol

OP
OP
MD Dog

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Thanx SC, whites has some fine machines there but more than I need. I don't want to dig coins at 10 inches let alone 18. I just wanna know or at least have a better Idea if the target at say 6 inches is worth diggin. My health has taken a bit of a turn for the worse these days so I have to cut back on too strenous activities.

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
MD Dog said:
My health has taken a bit of a turn for the worse these days so I have to cut back on too strenous activities.

Sounds like you want as light a detector as you can get then. Ace 250 is very light, and I believe the DeLeon and Cortes are even lighter still.

M

miser

If you're willing to pay more, the White's M6 is easy to use, the display is clear, and pinpointing is easier than machine I've ever used. As to the deep coins, the M6 will tell you how deep the target is. You can just ignore the deep ones you don;t care to dig up. The M6 weighs about 4 pounds, if that is factor for you.

OP
OP
MD Dog

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
thanks for the suggestions everyone I'll look into them, I was already looking at the M6. But this is the first I've heard of the classic ID or ID pro. Weight isn't really a factor, It's the diggin, doc says ticker going bad so gotta be alot more selective over which targets to dig especially at depths of six plus inches.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
I am sure that I can help you out. If you want "more" or "better" target ID , I feel you need to get a detector that has more" segments " or numbers to ID the target better. With this you can even tell the difference between a silver and clad dime. If you nee dmore help give me a buzz.
860-623-1153
TonyinCT

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
MD Dog said:
Looking for another detector that has better target ID than my current Ace 250 ?
I can relate to this one, but I am pretty much able to dig most of my signals. I have to keep my eye on this post for sure. Better target ID would make me happier especially if it hunts salwater and ocean beaches better than the Ace250.

~Nash~

OP
OP
MD Dog

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
TonyinCT said:
I am sure that I can help you out. If you want "more" or "better" target ID , I feel you need to get a detector that has more" segments " or numbers to ID the target better. With this you can even tell the difference between a silver and clad dime. If you nee dmore help give me a buzz.
860-623-1153
TonyinCT
Hey Tony I bought my 250 from you. Great guy everyone and a great dealer, I actually bought two ace 250s from Tony. ;D

So Tony what machine might you suggest ? Just so you know I've been eyeing a couple of custom made machines, one called the Red Heat xd 17 micro from over seas
It has a look through ability that is impressive as is it's depth, but don't know that would help with target ID at all and better depth only means targets I can't dig, but I do have a 20 yo son. ;D Also was looking at the Shadow x5, but that was before my current health was known. However since this might be the last machine I ever buy the x5 might be the way to go.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Don't know a lot about the Red Heat and don't know anyone who has actually used one. The X5's are not being made any more .The Tesoro Cortes and DeLeon are excellent lightweight detectors with excellent target ID at depth.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Whites IDX Pro, it ID,s well but is no longer made. I have the EXP II I like it well also it and it is now replaced by the EXP SE. I have seen this one used by others and it will ID fine. Most ID machines do ID well, don,t know of any that don,t.

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread