Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This afternoon, the teller of my most distant pick-up bank called to tell me that a customer restoring an old house brought some old halves that he found in the house to the bank and she thought of me and was saving them for me. The bank is 32 miles away, but I shot out there, wondering what might be in those two rolls. There are houses in the area from the 1600's and houses from the 1700's are common. A flowing hair half would be wonderful. Which Overton varieties of Capped Bust halves are my favorites? How about full rolls of seated liberty halves?

Picked up the rolls and some loose halves that were just clad and thanked the teller for thinking of me. I never open rolls in the car, but this time I couldn't wait to see how old all those silver halves would be, so I opened them. All clad, The oldest dated 1971 and the most recent 1996.

Oh well, next time...

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sound like my day, however the bank I went to had Zero halves.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You'll never know unless you went to pick them up. Otherwise the thought of WHAT DID I MISS will haunt you for a long long time.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always worth the effort. I stayed in and tidied my house rather than CRHing and found... one 64 half, a war nickel several proofs and $449 in misplaced checks and paper money! Woohoo I need to not CRH more often lol. Things have been terrible in my sector so I am saving money not burning gas.

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Meg, my imagination would have run away as well. Best teller call I ever got was 2 hours after I dropped off some home made cookies. During the cookie drop, I asked for halves but they had none. I thanked them anyway and made my other rounds. Got a call from that teller 2 hours later, on my way home. “I just received $8.50 in old halves, would you like them? I whipped a Uey so fast it made my head spin, lol. The haul was 4 Barbers, 7 Walkers, & 6 Franklins. Needless to say I was jazzed!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
TxAg: looks like you have to get more cookies.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was very nice of the teller shoes got your back might pay off another time I'd buy her lunch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread