Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using a lightweight scoop designed and made by Ron DeGhetto, it is a really good scoop called the T Rex. Made is the USA!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary looks like Ron did a redesign of Steves Pro scoop...... proscoop.html I dont believe Steve out of Mich is doing anymore of them nice to have another place to pick one up. But i really am liking the 90 degree handle now im not sure i can go back to that angled one. Mine is like 9 1/2 X 11 i think. I really like the amount of small holes for here in Fl. Gets a little tuffer in the shells or rocks, but i think it does with any scoop. I like what hes done to it thou.... nice.

Dew

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot depends on you bottom material. I've used many and the Sunspot Stealth is the best in my opinion for what I want to do. It is very strong and takes a big bite which is necessary in the surf where the next wave will wash more sand in the hole.
"the STEALTH" by Sunspot The Pic is of my older one with the small holes in the front for small items. Note the magnets and earring stud.
255.JPG

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some sturdy scoops that Chuck makes Sandman. A good scoop is worth its weight.... nothing more frustrating than trying to dig with a scoop that frustrates you.

Dew

Barrell

Jul 27, 2012
Fort Pierce,FL
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A lot depends on you bottom material. I've used many and the Sunspot Stealth is the best in my opinion for what I want to do. It is very strong and takes a big bite which is necessary in the surf where the next wave will wash more sand in the hole.
"the STEALTH" by Sunspot The Pic is of my older one with the small holes in the front for small items. Note the magnets and earring stud.
View attachment 650553
Is that the 720 stealth with the angled handle?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Beach Brute II, added a stainless steel lip to it..... It is 8.5 inches wide, 6 inches high and 12 inches long........... It is a backhoe.... Weighs just a hair over 5 lbs with the SS lip...

beachbrute-1-1.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a RTG Monster 7" aluminum scoop. I think it is very sturdy, and about 1.5-lbs lighter than yours

kinigit

Jul 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
Detector(s) used
Dual Field PI, Stingray 2, Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a cheap galvanized metal feed scoop with half inch holes drilled in it. It is only about 1 pound, but it is fatiguing, ugly, uncomfortable to use, and will eventually rust away. I recommend against it. Thanks for the thread I am watching the info roll in and will keep it in mind when I buy one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread