Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Best way to open Loomis MWR's?

Is there a "best" way to open Loomis machine wrapped rolls? Currently I use a fingernail to pull the two spots that the wrapper goes into the end wrap and then tear it open. It is slow, although it works.

Anyone have a better way?

Upvote 0

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I use a torch. Works the best.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do it that way also, I can go through a box in about 10 min. I have thought of switching to a blade to slit the roll, but they you damage a coin with numismatic value if you find one.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hold the roll inbetween your thumb and both your middle and pointer fingers and slam it against something hard, it will pop open. The machete or blow torch works fine as well.

Last edited:

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a "best" way to open Loomis machine wrapped rolls? Currently I use a fingernail to pull the two spots that the wrapper goes into the end wrap and then tear it open. It is slow, although it works.

I do the same and reroll them in the same wrapper and put them back in the box. That way when I use a CWR wrapper to roll them back up for return to the bank I know there are 20 coins still in the roll, no counting. It's a PITA because Loomis rolls are wrapped so tight, I like Strings rolls, they are much easier to pick apart with your fingernail. I think Bigheed had a good way to open them up? Dull flat blade screwdriver? Another good way that I found was to let my kid splash them with water from her kiddie pool, it softens them all up and they are easy to pick apart. Who would have ever thought.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Ben Cartwright SASS said:

Throw it at a teller till it opens

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Eminem's response is better than the torch. Than tell her to make you a sandwich while you look for the silver. No offense intended. :occasion14:

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fastest way is to run the whole box over with a car. Or get my ex to sit on them her fat asssss will bend some but i would be fast!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread