best way to preserve an egg

snaps

May 6, 2009
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Goldmaxx, Compass GSP, Garrett Infinium
Well, more the shell then the egg itself. Hello everyone, one of our chickens pumped out an egg with a weird marking on it, and I think it resembles a Dr. Seuss character, and on top of that, its a ''Green'' egg to boot. so id like to save it. but I know its gonna rot and stink eventually. any ideas? Thanks for looking Snaps

Attachments

• grinch egg 004.jpg
    grinch egg 004.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 108

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drill a small 1/8" hole in each end. Blow on the top hole and all of the egg will force out the bottom hole. Rinse the inside by forcing water in through the hole. Dry it and paint it with clear nail polish. It will last forever.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, more the shell then the egg itself. Hello everyone, one of our chickens pumped out an egg with a weird marking on it, and I think it resembles a Dr. Seuss character, and on top of that, its a ''Green'' egg to boot. so id like to save it. but I know its gonna rot and stink eventually. any ideas? Thanks for looking Snaps

I know that an image of jesus on a piece of toast sold for good money on ebay a long time ago. So who knows !!! Give it a go on ebay !!

OP
OP
snaps

snaps

May 6, 2009
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Goldmaxx, Compass GSP, Garrett Infinium
TRDKING great advice. Would it be a good idea also to fill the inside with something? Blak bart not a bad idea, ya never know what kinda Dr Seuss eccentrics are out there!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no leave the inside empty Expansion and contraction of fill will eventually destroy the shell

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread