Upvote 0

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Craigs list or ebay you got some nice artifacts there, especially the large knife or spear head second pic bottom left. Good luck.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 st thing would to have clear clean crisp pictures so we could see them.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some nice looking items from what I can see, but that large Dovetail just looks a little off but you can't really tell much from the photo's. Since you didn't find them I would look for someone in your area to look them over. That way you may know more on what you have.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some nice looking items from what I can see, but that large Dovetail just looks a little off but you can't really tell much from the photo's. Since you didn't find them I would look for someone in your area to look them over. That way you may know more on what you have.

I also agree the Dovetail is suspect, the rest look real by the pictures but you can't really blow them up far enough to get closer view of edges, they all look like field finds except the dovetail.

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the dovetail looks off as well, (modern) and once you have one questionable relic, the entire collection becomes suspect.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Could become a " Charter Member" on Treasurenet and then you could offer them for sale here. I would love to see better pictures too. Nice Finds!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Dovetail is a classic modern type. It could possibly. be a Grey Ghost made by Brian Reinhardt and actually valuable to some collectors. I believe around $10 to $15 an inch.

As far as the entire collection, and I'm not saying this to be mean or to anger you, but it is mostly field grade finds which are pieces found in farm fields that are usually nicked or damaged by machinery. There is really nothing there that is highly valuable. The Axes may bring $100 each at auction but also maybe less. I've bought Pestles like that one for $30 to $40 at shows. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $300 for all of it and I would keep it all. Someone wanting to buy and resale would probably offer less. Just my honest opinion and not meant to offend anyone.

Last edited:

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Dovetail is a classic modern type. It could possible be a Grey Ghost made by Brian Reinhardt and actual valuable to some collectors. I believe around $10 to $15 an inch.

As far as the entire collection, and I'm not saying this to be mean or to anger you, but it is mostly field grade finds which are pieces found in farm fields that are usually nicked or damaged by machinery. There is really nothing there that is highly valuable. The Axes may bring $100 each at auction but also maybe less. I've bought Pestles like that one for $30 to $40 at shows. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $300 for all of it and I would keep it all. Someone wanting to buy and resale would probably offer less. Just my honest opinion and not meant to offend anyone.

First thing I thought when I saw the dovetail was grey ghost , and second thought was looks like one of Mogis points

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AHH Mogi.... The good ol' days!!!!!

OP
OP
S

sterndrive

Jan 30, 2009
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Is there anyone in upstate NY who would know for sure about these.I added a couple pic's 000_0001.JPG 000_0002.JPG 000_0003.JPG 000_0015.JPG 000_0016.JPG

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to go with the others on the Dovetail, it was made from a slab and why I say that is you can see it is real flat and the edges have to much of an angle that does not look right. I'm also just looking at a photo, like Indian Steve said become a charter member and sell them on this site.:occasion14:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Aww shucks! I spose this means this whopper I got off eBay isn’t good either.

4E41DBE1-3BDE-43D2-921F-11CEC6FDC9DB.jpeg D7903D78-1483-4641-B45E-119009850B86.jpeg

Actually it’s just what I wanted!

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Sure hope my ebay finds are real lol.

For or the most part if the seller has great feedback and has been selling for a while, I wouldn’t be real nervous about it.

I have done much of both, buying and selling. Hundreds of deals I have completed tell me that anyone with some experience and common sense can do pretty ok there.

Last edited:

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh i know quito, i have done good on ebay just wish i would of started collecting a long time ago i have only been collecting artifacts for 20 years. Very nice point by the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread