Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after a tough 7 hours, this is pretty much the only keeper I had to show for my efforts lol. It was one of those days where I couldn't get my coil over much good stuff.

When I found this token and saw a slight glimmer of silver, I thought I had a half dollar. Not to be! It's cool though, and I'd like to know more about it. The name in script is W R Calloway. I can't find much info as to who this person was. I figured the gurus here in the token forum could help me out, like they did with two tokens I found last week. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428196336.469956.jpg ! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428196290.104509.jpg

Last edited:

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
It has been attributed on tokencatalog to Minneapolis, but no references are provided for the attribution. (my pet peeve!) I'll do some looking.
John in the Great 208

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
William R. Callaway was General Passenger Agent for the Soo Line in Minneapolis for several years around 1914. I suppose he could have taken it upon himself to have these made for distribution to those he made contact with. I have e-mailed the guy who posted on tokencatalog for more info.
John

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's very cool, thank you for going the extra mile to get info! I live on the US/CAN border, and I believe the Soo Line ended here in my border town, and CP Rail took over. Eventually CP bought the whole line. Don't quote me, but this is what I have heard. I have dug oodles of lead seals marked "Soo Line".

Thanks for the help!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread