Betcha Havn't Found One Of These In Your Couch!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This pictured couple lost one of the 3 white gold rings from the wife's wedding set yesterday. I was able to meet them today and since the metal detector doesn't work well in house searches, I turned to my dowsing techniques to help. I use dowsing almost on every search in some form or fashion just to get a feel for the situation and if I need to incorporate it to make the find. She set the rings on the arm of the couch and he sat down and 2 went flying, they found the 2 but the 3rd went into the floor air duct, so they thought. I asked about any children and pets that may have moved off with the ring and they said no the baby daughter was in bed when it happened. I felt around the upper part of the arm and discovered 2 small holes in the material that led down into the hollow part of the arm, that convinced me that the ring could have worked it's way downward. I made a sweep with the dowsing rod from 2 directions focusing on the ring and it locked on the couch arm, so we rotated the couch front and back and heard something rolling around on the inside wood portions of the arm.
We had to remove the staples and material from the arm to get a better look and when we opened it up we first got a small toy magnet, discouraged, I insisted that the ring was there. We cut open more space to get our hands in further and shining the flashlight into the opening I saw the diamonds shining back at me! The ring was wedged into the corner bottom of the arm! We all laughed and said now they can tell people they found gold and diamonds in their couch cushions! lol
Jon
RFwhtAuCouchLIV3-5-18.jpg RFwhtAuCloseLIV3-5-18.jpg RFwhtAu2LIV3-5-18.jpg View attachment 1559657

Attachments

• RFwhtAuCropLIV3-5-18.jpg
    RFwhtAuCropLIV3-5-18.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Upvote 11

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you the one with the funny beard?

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DO NOT show us your legs

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Used to love searching my grandparents old couches for silver coins back in the 70's when I was in my teens.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story. From the looks of that pic, you are about to rob them of the ring you just found for them !

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story. From the looks of that pic, you are about to rob them of the ring you just found for them !
Thank you, the dowsing rod only had a gold coin in the chamber, lol
Jon

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing rod finds. That was some story,and how did you learn that art?
Thank you,
Many years of practice and continuous improvement on a daily basis. :headbang:
Jon

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are you wearing a mask??
Its not, I blocked some of the pic off on purpose like I usually do here, I don't want total pics of myself on here lol my preference :occasion14:
Jon :headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the revised pic, maybe now people will not be concerned about what I look like but rather what the story is about thx!
Jon:headbang:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
GIVE THIS MAN A CIGAR, HE EARNED IT. NEET FIND AND STORY.

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story , my wife has lost hers 3 times and each time I found it I keep telling her if she wants a new one that bad just tell me lol , the one occasion was just luck she was doing her makeup in the car and took ring off to do makeup when we pulled up to restaurant she forgot it was on her lap so it fell out onto ground ..... we sat down ate and than got 30 minutes down the road before she realized and the panic kicked in ... when we pulled back into shopping center you could see the sun reflecting off it from a good 200 ft away .... still have no idea how somebody else didn’t see it and pick it up

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story , my wife has lost hers 3 times and each time I found it I keep telling her if she wants a new one that bad just tell me lol , the one occasion was just luck she was doing her makeup in the car and took ring off to do makeup when we pulled up to restaurant she forgot it was on her lap so it fell out onto ground ..... we sat down ate and than got 30 minutes down the road before she realized and the panic kicked in ... when we pulled back into shopping center you could see the sun reflecting off it from a good 200 ft away .... still have no idea how somebody else didn’t see it and pick it up
Thank you!
Your story was good too, especially if the ring was on a hard surface, I'm always looking on the ground when I'm out, just out of habit.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on another Honorable Mention! As kids, we used to find coins down inside furniture. We even did it when my parents were visiting relatives without them seeing us. Then one of my brothers started seeding chairs with washers and that ruined it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread