Better Depth Blue max 4x6DD or 5.3 bullseye coil

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
I had the 4x6 Blue Max and used it on an XLT,IDX Pro,and a 6000 Di Pro Sl and compared to the 5.3 and the 350 snooper coils the Shooter was weakest for depth on every machine. I didn't really measure but it was very noticable due to the lack of target hits compared to the 5.3 using the same detector and same settings. I did try to compensate and adjust detectors in an attempt to gain better depth with the 4x6" Shooter in better soil but was easier to use the 5.3 or 350 snooper depending on how bad the trash was.

The 4x6 Shooter seemed to hunt better in extremely mineralized ground as i had concentrated areas at a particular site where the XLT while using the 5.3 Black Max especially had troubles and mostly had heavy static coming through the headphones but managed to find a Silver quarter at about 2" with barely a noticable indication of a coin ID, just increased static that i decided to dig and found nothing else around the very large tree it was under.Went back to the same spot using the XLT with Shooter coil and managed a merc,a few wheats and a religious medal at relatively shallow depths, i hunted all but upside down and sideways around that tree with the 5.3 coil after i found that quarter and thought maybe they used radioactive waste as filldirt ??? Nothing scientific just my observation. HH Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions