Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Health issues have kept me down most of the year but finally got some time to get out and get in
Last week I went to look for a lost wedding band - online it said park did not charge after Labor day
- they lied - had to pay $30 to park. Was really hoping to find & return but ranger told me a lot of guys hit water there.
Place was pretty clean. I found a few deep wheats over a foot down and got rings in a rocky area along with
a dollar coin which was a surprise. Ring with stone is 14k GF...shame it would've been a beauty if gold.
cas98.JPG
Took a ride to R.I. on Sun. to an old spot I used to hit years ago.
I know it gets hit by locals for fresh drops but spot has rocky spots and was hoping to get a few oldies - I did.
Second target was a caked silver Wash. quarter - 1940. Little while later I got caked silver relig.med.
Little later I got a 1936 Buffalo - then finally saw yellow in my scoop. Scoop was full of rocks and as I shook it and plucked
out the larger ones I saw glint of gold in the bottom. Digging in the rocks was hard work but it paid off.
I got a Merc dime and final target before I got out was a silver ring. Not a lot for 2 1/2 hrs but at least
I got a few keepers.
Ring is marked VIRGIN GOLD 14k
cas915.JPG DSC00237.JPG DSC00235.JPG
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
Monday I went to another small R.I. beach. Once again a spot that guys hammer for fresh drops
and another spot that once you get down close to 1 foot down - you hit solid rocks here.
I have gotten old silver and gold in these rocks years ago because most guys give up cause they cant dig in
the rocks. I had one hit here early where there was a hole and I pulled an old key that someone
gave up on. I got older clad and a few wheats but no silver which I was surprised, but I did
manage another small gold band down about a foot that I worked hard to pull up
- 750 (18k) which made it worth hitting. You can see by the lack of shiny
fresh drops that others have cleaned those out of all these spots. Was upset that a lot of the
trash I got here was dug and tossed back - sitting right on top.
cas916.JPG DSC00234.JPG
Temps getting colder up here - water will be soon too. Hope I can get a few more hunts in.
Good Luck if you get out
:icon_thumright:
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Upvote 23

DiggityDiggity

Sep 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never understood people just tossing their trash finds instead of taking care of it. why make more work for yourself next time you hunt?!?! Awesome gold finds man. That 18kt is a beaut! I hope your health problems have subsided so you can get out more often. HH

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You definitely do not get discouraged easily. Some really nice finds that all others have missed....gotta make ya smile. :occasion14:

Will any of the crud clean off the old stuff?

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of tenacity there! Good that you hauled the trash for those that left it..

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never understood people just tossing their trash finds instead of taking care of it. why make more work for yourself next time you hunt?!?! Awesome gold finds man. That 18kt is a beaut! I hope your health problems have subsided so you can get out more often. HH
would bet the house it was out of staters (I am myself)- met a guy there long ago that said him and a buddy would make a road trip from NY
and hammer this spot after labor day - he said he never got much for old stuff there but did pretty good with fresh stuff
Ion the other hand have gotten more old than new here

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You definitely do not get discouraged easily. Some really nice finds that all others have missed....gotta make ya smile. :occasion14:

Will any of the crud clean off the old stuff?

it will crack off but they aren't gonna look good - the Wash. was in good shape when lost and has
most of its body but merc is thin - saltater kills most older silver

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some serious treasure hunting. Well done hope you get to 100 percent soon my friend

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Two beauties! Love the Virgin Gold Quality stamp.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread