Kalispell

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's - Prizm V
Better late than never I 'spose

Good Morning All,
I was just thinking that I should do the intro thing.
I had originally found this site while looking for an "OLD" friend, whom I had lost contact with a couple of years ago. I knew he was into treasure hunting and somehow during the Google searches, I ended up here, and in order to make contact with him I needed to be a registered user. Soooooooo, that's where I'm at today.

Oddly enough, I am sort of into "treasure hunting" also and a few years ago bought a White's Prizm detector because I would always see this guy over at the school grounds with a dectector in the spring time and he would find a few gold , and other coins. Apparently they would heave up from the frost during the winter and he would be there digging them up. And that is all it took to give me the itch.

I have been out with my daughter and found quite a few coins...... quarters, nickels, dimes, and a bunch of pennies, bottle caps, pull tabs etc. My daughter did find a black hills gold ring too.

My user name comes from the town I grew up in, and I figured it's as good a name as any, and I knew that my lost friend would know instantly who it was that was writing to him. Funny thing though, he always pronounced it "Cows spell", not "Kal i spell".

You see, I joined the U.S. Air Force back in 1977, and got stationed at Hill Air Force Base in Utah. I worked as an Aircrew Life Support Technician. After my 4 year hitch, I went into the 419th TFW Reserves, and finished my remaining 16 years there. After my 2nd trip over to the "sand box", I had my fill and decided to retire from the military in 1997. I am currently still employed by the Government as a civil servant, although I plan on retiring from here in 4 short years.

I recently took a trip down to Satellite Beach in Florida to attend my long time friends retirement ceremony, and to just hang out on the beach for a couple weeks. It was a great trip and vacation. Oh, and one other thing............ my long time friend, well he is none other than one of your global moderators........... Wreckdiver1715.

After hearing the stories of the 1715 wrecks and such from Tom, and seeing all the goodies at the treasure museum's, it sure does get my mind stirring.

Anyway, that's enough for now.......... thanks for listening.

Bruce.

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
Re: Better late than never I 'spose

welcome its all ways good to see new person, this is a great place to come and talk about treasure and post your finds, did you see the post about the roman coins that they found in England, wow now that's what its all about, not that there are any Roman coins in Utah, but you could find gold coins, if you like me I like to hunt parks to but here lately I am looking into old mines, I am not sure if I would go into one or not but, you know that them old timers would have left something behind and drop the odd coin or two I have got a list of over 1500 mines in Utah and will be hitting my list heading out to them soon if anyone as a gold detector it would be a great place to hit all the old tailing's.
good luck on your finds, here is a link that has photo of the old mines in Utah and if you go to utube there are a lot more on. here is the link http://www.goldrushexpeditions.com/
Walt

OP
OP
Kalispell

Kalispell

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's - Prizm V

Thanks to you both for the Welcome.
I also like to spelunk in old mines, and caves. There is one up around Brigham that goes back into the mountain about a half mile or so. I've always gotten a rush doing that sort of thing.
A couple years ago we were up at Buckboard Campground, and while there the kids took the detector out and came back with over $ 6.00 in various coinage from other campground sites. I'm sure it wasn't buried much, but they had fun anyways, and couldn't wait to go get a treat at the Marina Store.
Have you ever tried to check out old homesteads. There are a few out by Kelton, which would probably have some goodies around them.
Another good place to look is in some old Ghost Towns. As a school kid back in the day, we took a field trip down towards Helena, and stopped at a couple of those Ghost Towns. We found what appeared to be musket balls, or something on that order.
Anyway, good hunting, and I'll try to show the stuff I dig up from now on.

turnerscc

Aug 20, 2007
Bluffdale, UT.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Fisher F2, Vibra Probe

Kalispell said:
Thanks to you both for the Welcome.
I also like to spelunk in old mines, and caves. There is one up around Brigham that goes back into the mountain about a half mile or so. I've always gotten a rush doing that sort of thing.
A couple years ago we were up at Buckboard Campground, and while there the kids took the detector out and came back with over $ 6.00 in various coinage from other campground sites. I'm sure it wasn't buried much, but they had fun anyways, and couldn't wait to go get a treat at the Marina Store.
Have you ever tried to check out old homesteads. There are a few out by Kelton, which would probably have some goodies around them.
Another good place to look is in some old Ghost Towns. As a school kid back in the day, we took a field trip down towards Helena, and stopped at a couple of those Ghost Towns. We found what appeared to be musket balls, or something on that order.
Anyway, good hunting, and I'll try to show the stuff I dig up from now on.

I've been looking into some old ghost towns but it seems that most of them around me are either torn down, built over, private property, or blocked off.
I would love to get into a good one, even if I don't find a bunch of coins the old relics would be a rush.

Happy Hunting,

Brandon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread