Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a beach last night with the girlfriend wasnt very many targets then got a 12-13 signal on the nox anf figured i was digging a nickle took a scoop and checked the hole and nothing so i knew it was in the pile so i gave it a kick and saw what looked like a gold chain and picked it up and said to myself damn that's heavy figuring it was junk I showed my girlfriend and she says it's real you see the clasp generally only seen on real gold and look at the color. So after getting home Iooked for a mark but nothing so out comes the acid tested good for 22k and 62.4 grams my largest gold piece I've ever found

Attachments

• 20230805_233854.jpg
    20230805_233854.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Upvote 52

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plymouth... First congrats and well done on this hit.
But... :)
Can you post a good picture of the clasping area or broken area.. and close up CLEAR of some of the links... i want to see if my eyes are seeing what i think i am seeing.
Its not that i am doubting the piece ... It has nothing to do with the validity of it.
I am seeing something in the make of this which could take this piece up the ladder possibly.

OP
OP
plymouthian12

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plymouth... First congrats and well done on this hit.
But... :)
Can you post a good picture of the clasping area or broken area.. and close up CLEAR of some of the links... i want to see if my eyes are seeing what i think i am seeing.
Its not that i am doubting the piece ... It has nothing to do with the validity of it.
I am seeing something in the make of this which could take this piece up the ladder possibly.

Attachments

• 20230805_111708.jpg
    20230805_111708.jpg
    614 KB · Views: 44

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well its definitely a baht chain... and yes that ups it from simply a 22k necklace... for its a bit more for a true baht... and yours is that... vintage at the very least... by the look of it.
Very cool indeed.

You could do a simple search on these and a ton will surface and you will see what i am referring / talking about.... but here is a shortcut...

Last edited:
OP
OP
plymouthian12

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes! A little better presentation and story and you'd have a banner for sure. Congrats!
Maybe. My tree coin didn't make it probably because not much story

OP
OP
plymouthian12

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well its definitely a baht chain... and yes that ups it from simply a 22k necklace... for its a bit more for a true baht... and yours is that... vintage at the very least... by the look of it.
Very cool indeed.

You could do a simple search on these and a ton will surface and you will see what i am referring / talking about.... but here is a shortcut...
How old do you think?

OP
OP
plymouthian12

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool indeed.

Not sure which it would be what do you think price would be

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure which it would be what do you think price would be
spot plus premium.
IF... it were mine... I would seek spot price plus 100.
Min of 60 over.
Whatever spot was at the moment of potential buy... at that moments price.
Use a gold calculator app and add 60-100 on it.
Not one red cent less than spot IF i wanted / needed to sell... no matter what.
Not 95... not 98...
100% spot.

Keep in mind.... those who love gold... REALLY love these chains.
OR... you could risk online sale... which is sketchy at best with this sort of stuff.
And perhaps a premium of higher end would come.
OR...
A GOOD reputable / knowledgeable jeweler would be happy to pay premium for re-sale.

Last edited:

STAMPER

Aug 1, 2023
Hit a beach last night with the girlfriend wasnt very many targets then got a 12-13 signal on the nox anf figured i was digging a nickle took a scoop and checked the hole and nothing so i knew it was in the pile so i gave it a kick and saw what looked like a gold chain and picked it up and said to myself damn that's heavy figuring it was junk I showed my girlfriend and she says it's real you see the clasp generally only seen on real gold and look at the color. So after getting home Iooked for a mark but nothing so out comes the acid tested good for 22k and 62.4 grams my largest gold piece I've ever found
That's an awesome find!

bkurent

Jul 20, 2023
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Dream find of a baht chain there. Congrats!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the chain and keep it up!

KodyB

Aug 28, 2022
Dang, that’s awesome!
I bet the feller who lost it was upset, but if you can afford a chain worth that much then he’s probably not hurting for money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread