Upvote 0

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
bottles10 said:
you want good practise. cheek all the tot lots you can.

Definitely better than nothing, Congrats! (Another day of experience!)

Good Advice, a little bit of everything in them - it's a small area - you'll score some good finds and gain some great experience. Keep at it and Good Luck! :icon_thumright:

TommNJ

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will quickly learn to recognize things like that smashed aluminum can. Depending on depth, they will often "overload" your machine. Also, always swing the "x" and "y" axis of a given target....if the signal remains constant, you can pretty much rely on a good target. If the signal jumps around or you get different readings from the "x" and "y" swings, you can usually rely on it being trash.

Just keep at it, you will soon learn that your machine can talk.....you just need to learn its' language and keep in mind that it will sometimes lie to you! ::) What machine do you have?

OP
OP
natepen

natepen

Feb 21, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I'm gonna have to keep practicing and figuring out the differences. I went out again today and came up with tinfoil in about 4 different spots.
I'm using a Garrett Ace 350 that I got last week. I'm trying to hit a lot of places up here in Minnesota before the snow falls. Good thing it's holding off and hitting out East.
Nate

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread