Beware of sinkholes at beach

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was swinging in LbI nj yesterday and started following a channel that was holding water further up when I stepped into it I dropped right down and found myself chest high in sand and nearly crapped myself. There was no one around, I got out ok but it took about 10 minutes to get out with my boots. I could have gotten out quicker if I wanted to leave my boots down there.

Fwew that was close

Watch out

dennco2000

Dec 4, 2012
Englewood Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Mark II - AT Pro - Garrett 580 PP.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
LOL Sorry, I was just getting a mental image of that scenario, glad your OK.

dave sharky

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VIKING BLOOD KEEP BOOTS UN TIED DON,T GET SUCKED DOWN JUMP OUT THEN GET YOUR BOOTS HARDER BUT SAFER I WOULD THINK MUD IS BAD GOOD JOB BE SAFE ALL WAY,S.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any time your out alone you need to be careful. This just happened in Indiana at the dunes to a little boy who was buried for hours.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I forgot to fill that hole in after digging a pulltab. :laughing7:

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't laugh! One of my neighbors had a winter home near Clearwater. A few months ago, they went down to clean it up to get it ready to sell. It was almost 3 foot lower than is was 90 days before. They didn't have flood insurance, and for all practical purposes, the home is a total loss!

OP
OP
Vikingblood

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeh my home that's on a lagoon was wiped out from sandy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread