Beyond a Pocket Spill

Dadsnorz

Dec 15, 2010
I hit 2 promising side by side lots in a small town today, looking for some old coins. There was so much clad spread out on them both, I literally raked the grass with my fingers, rather than digging. It actually turned into work after awhile! I wound up with:
5 wheats
517 Memorials
26 Qtrs
11 Dimes
8 Nickles
With the excption of the Wheaties, all coins were modern. The irony was that there was so much of it, it defeated my original purpose of digging low for older targets. It was obviosly spread intentionally by either kids having a fight with change, or possibly a city event for kids similiar to an Easter Egg Hunt. I Would send a picture, but its just a gallon baggie full of change. I know I didn't get it all, but I was whooped...I mean really, I picked up over 10 fricken rolls of pennies! Anyway, It helped out with the battery fund...

Upvote 0

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I got into the Easter Egg part of a park one time. Same thing, penny's -- couldn't move the coil with out a hit of another zinc. As far as I know, there is a bunch still there, I got tired of digging them and moved to another location.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a bunch of finger picked moolah! :tongue3:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is just insane ! I have never heard of anybody finding anywhere near that many coins
in one outing - Argentium.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread