All Treasure Hunting
14601872171_2596cccd2e_c.jpg

mini-pulltabs-1494-e1551353583400.jpg

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly there are people on here that think that Robert Dunfield did something like that on Oak Island. No he did not. Here is what he did. While his hole might have been 100' across at the top as you see it was no whereas near that at the bottom..

Attachments

• Dunfield 2.jpg
    Dunfield 2.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 51

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was 250' across at the top when he was done. That image is a work in progress.

Attachments

• Dunfield.jpeg
    Dunfield.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 41

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might have been that wide at the top, granted I have never seen a pic of it looking that wide but it was no where's' near that at the bottom. I have never seen a pic of it looking any different then what I posted above. I've seen variations of it looking like that, kinda like your pic. See how sloped it is. No more then a Pinto Wagon wide at the bottom of that.. Heck that dredge bucket lets say for arguments sake is 10' wide and 10' tall. Granted we can't see how wide the top really is but what is in view might be 70'-80' wide view at the top ( don't see how it could be 250' at the top. I have always heard he dug a 100' wide hole and again that is at the top nothing close to that at the bottom ) and maybe 40' deep and of course not sure how deep it really is at that moment but with the slope of what we see, if it is much deeper it is only "bucket" wide at the bottom..

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I believe the boys found nothing but a depression in the ground or either a well that had been filled backup. They heard rumors of a treasure and automatically said the ground is sunk in let us dig right here. No one has a record of anything being buried at that location. Sure Captain Kid said East of Boston; but there were so many Captain Kidd's scams going on at that time. I have a list of newspaper clippings of the evidence. Captain Kidd's treasures were rumored buried on every island from New York to Newfoundland and even around the Horn of Africa and off the coast of Vietnam. I have stories of Captain Kidd's treasure rumored buried up rivers like the Hudson and others. Peoples money were taken and no treasure was found. There were a few that even salted the area with coins and artifacts. Dip them in the water and pull them right back out. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying there was not any pirate or Templar gold buried on Oak Island. Far from it. I know there was treasure buried on Oak Island. I even have records of treasure recovered from Oak Island, Frog Island, Mason's Island and Dover Island and some that I have forgotten. Some of the Freemasons in Nova Scotia knew there was 1/2 of shipload of treasure left on Oak Island. There were others that help recover a treasure on Oak Island. And the rumor got out about the 1/2 shipload of treasure being left and they embellished it into Captain Kidd's Treasure. The Freemasons may have came back and got the treasure after the American Revolution but then again it may still be there. We will see.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread