BFO

BFO

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT Tesoro Sidewinder Bounty Hunter Professional Bfo Whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New member from New York.I hunt when I get a chance,and have a lot of dry spells.I always seem to find some time over the summer to look. I mostly look around old homesites,although I enjoy other places also. I like the older detectors,because I got my first detector around 1975.It was a bounty hunter professional BFO,from Montgomery Ward.I think I paid $139 for it.Since I have had the internet for several months,I have enjoyed looking at alot of the older machines.I like reading detector material,in fact I was reading Kevin Mulrooney's book Spectrum Secrets and saw this website and got on it. I had found it before but didn't pursue it.Back to the older machines,I like using them some,but the technology has come a long way.Having a pinpointer helps quite a bit.I just found a nice old button with a huron in weeds on the front,and LOUD&CIE PARIS on the back.It is just under the size of a dime and has a laid on ring.It rang up 33 on the XLT and was 2 or 3 inches deep.I figured it would be a plain button like the one I found only several feet from this one a couple of years ago,and had't found anything else near it until today.I think I,ll have to have it checked out .
The toggle switch broke last year and it sat quite awhile.I had it replaced,then the volume seemed low,but it came back.Now when I switch it to pinpoint it,s low. It was acting a little erratic today kind of frustrating.The pinpointer was acting strange too,seemed it was going off for the dirt which never happens. I was finding some small nails,so it probably was too many nails.Enough about me I,m interested in hearing some of your treasure tales!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread