BGT as a highbanker (water flow)

pods

Feb 18, 2014
Raleigh
Detector(s) used
BGT mini and prospector, Gold-n-Sand.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey all, this came up in another thread and I didn't want to threadjack.
So I wanted to set my BGT up as a highbanker/powered sluice and the fluid bed question came up.
(GG, thanks for showing that excellent setup, which I drooled over long before becoming a member. :thumbsup: )

What is the best way of keeping the bed fluidized without having a blowout? (GG, your way wont work with my BGT cause the ends are not exposed)
I was thinking of doing it using a T in and elbows combined with a ball valve, but someone said this can cause uneven flow.
Would a pressure regulator help?
Drip Irrigation | DripWorks | Netafim Pressure Regulator
I imagine you would need an inline filter to make sure you didn't plug it.

Or what about having an open top manifold that used gravity to pressurize the system? That might be cumbersome as well.
Or maybe I can just wait and see how BGT addresses these issues when their high banker kit comes out?
Anyone done this simply and successfully with and off the shelf BGT?
My issue is that most of the local gold bearing creeks may or may not have running water come summer. So I might have to make my own stream.
Thanks!
Chris

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
I have not done any adapting or modification to my bgt, however I was considering testing it with a 3" dredge this summer. I have some ideas and I'm not shure I want to spend the time to try something. I am waiting to see what the guys come up with.

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that I think about it a bit more.. To achieve even fluidization with the BGT's I don't see why it wouldn't work using one ball valve to regulate and one gauge per each spray tube. Plumb the ball valve before the gauge on each tube this way they can all be tuned separate to pressurize even and consistent with each other. In this case T's and elbows wouldn't matter and would of course need to find the sweet spot of fluidization to operate at. Yet to try it this way so just my thoughts. Oh and don't bump a ball valve wide open and blowouts won't happen.
I have set up my 36" prospector to recirculate and run material at home, not the most simplest way possible and I did have a little bit of uneven fluidization but still worked just fine image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pods

Feb 18, 2014
Raleigh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was going to run a ball valve, filter, the a single pressure regulator. I think that reduce the chances of a "burp" that would throw out material.
Sluice should arrive today so in the next couple of weeks I should have something together.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did some searching and this is all I came up with................

41pC1oLOPfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg FH3HSZFHFD10XH4.MEDIUM.jpg

615-4way.jpg di614infopic1.jpg

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pods

Feb 18, 2014
Raleigh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Excellent. I have one of those with timers for my garden. I might see about ripping that apart of buy another manifold. That will help balance the flow!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions