BGT Stand?

pods

Feb 18, 2014
Raleigh
Detector(s) used
BGT mini and prospector, Gold-n-Sand.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all, new guy here that wanted to pick some brains about my BGT.
So I have had the mini for about a year and am happy with the results sniping areas. Wanted a bigger setup so I recently ordered the BGT prospector 36".
Some of the areas I want to run it will be in deeper water. So I wanted to build a stand for it to keep it anchored. My mini likes to surf, so I figured the prospector will like to surf more.
My idea was to have 4 conduit straps on the corners of the sluice and run some 1/2" aluminum stock through them. I can drill and tap out a hole in each for height adjustment. I also will fasten a strap on the outside bottom of the front of the scoop to help anchor it by wrapping it around a rock.
My questions were does this seem workable? I have not received the prospector yet so I do not know the force that the water will have on it. I assume it will be like the mini but magnified.
I wanted to know the thoughts people had about whether this will anchor the sluice and will it be stable enough to just set it up and get shoveling?
Thanks for all the information I have learned on TN over the last year in my gold hunt!
Chris

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all, new guy here that wanted to pick some brains about my BGT.
So I have had the mini for about a year and am happy with the results sniping areas. Wanted a bigger setup so I recently ordered the BGT prospector 36".
Some of the areas I want to run it will be in deeper water. So I wanted to build a stand for it to keep it anchored. My mini likes to surf, so I figured the prospector will like to surf more.
My idea was to have 4 conduit straps on the corners of the sluice and run some 1/2" aluminum stock through them. I can drill and tap out a hole in each for height adjustment. I also will fasten a strap on the outside bottom of the front of the scoop to help anchor it by wrapping it around a rock.
My questions were does this seem workable? I have not received the prospector yet so I do not know the force that the water will have on it. I assume it will be like the mini but magnified.
I wanted to know the thoughts people had about whether this will anchor the sluice and will it be stable enough to just set it up and get shoveling?
Thanks for all the information I have learned on TN over the last year in my gold hunt!
Chris

I have never tried a stand but I think you will find your prospector doesn't want to float away near as much at the mini. It still can but once it is full of water it usually doesn't. Good luck.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I could fill up a couple of 5 gallon buckets full of rocks and sand and dangle a chain in between them but the current moved the buckets too much. :D

My 48 Inch Prospector likes to move move move unless its wedged in tight.

Congratulations on the 36 Inch BGT, what a fun tool!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions