BH 3300 Have a question !

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forget what it reads as, turn down the discrimination so you still get a beep on a pull tab. If you can't hear a pull tab, you won't hear 90% of the gold rings.

Just keep your coil LEVEL with the ground during the whole sweep. DON'T SWING IT, SWEEP IT. Also you have to over lap at least by half. The detector won't find any rings if you don't put the coil over any. Keep at it and they will come. Also, don't run the sensitivity so high. Many think they get more depth this way when in some areas they end up getting less since the detector has to sort through more minerals and could miss a target hidden in the signals.

Good Luck,
Sandman

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5
Depending on the KT of the gold they will be 24, 28 and 30 (10 kt) on your target Id numbers. Raid the old ladys jewlery box and pick different kt rings to check your numbers against mine. I'm using the Titan version of the machine.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
The target readout should be between 43-48 (this is pulltabs also) or 105-150 for silver items and coins. The silver I have verified with a silver toe ring find the other day, but I have not found any gold to very its target id number.

Stainless Steet Rat

May 15, 2006
I have only found 3-4 pieces of jewery so far with my 3300 the man's silver wedding band was reading as a pull tab at 35, the 10k gold charm thing was reading as a 29 with no reading on the chain attached to it. My best item so far is a stamped "18k Italy" gold earring. It reads as iron 2 on my 3300 I only found it because it was next to a penny and the pinpointer picked it up.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/7/19920050383.jpg&s=f10

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions