BH Tracker 4 Review

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
The tracker4 was my first detector 3 years ago and i am still using it.

Pros: really durable, easy to use, has a built in speaker so you dont have to use headphones, inexpensive, doesnt find nails except on all metal mode, easy to pinpoint, Lightweight.

Cons: Can't but aftermarket coils, lacks depth, cant find really small objects like gold chains, no LCD readout, no target ID, depth is not accurate.

All-in-all its a great detector for the price, i recently got a cobra beach magnet and i decided to keep using my tracker4 on land for 3 reasons: The cobra still makes little blips over all the nails in the ground, and also its too hard to pinpoint, and its too heavy....so water only!

JakePhelps said:
The tracker4 was my first detector 3 years ago and i am still using it.

Pros: really durable, easy to use, has a built in speaker so you dont have to use headphones, inexpensive, doesnt find nails except on all metal mode, easy to pinpoint, Lightweight.

Cons: Can't but aftermarket coils, lacks depth, cant find really small objects like gold chains, no LCD readout, no target ID, depth is not accurate.

All-in-all its a great detector for the price, i recently got a cobra beach magnet and i decided to keep using my tracker4 on land for 3 reasons: The cobra still makes little blips over all the nails in the ground, and also its too hard to pinpoint, and its too heavy....so water only!
A possible the aid
At me Compass Xp's machine is 350 for the revelation of the metals
And I want its instructions
And I am Shaker for you

I have a Radio Shack Discovery 100 which is a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. It was a swap meet special of $10.00. I have found jars of coins with it, including silver. Just found a 1935 S Mercury dime in a campgound today. I am lucky I am able to metal detect in areas that no one does. Anyway I love my light weight basic detector. Pinpointing on my other detectors is a pain. Also the LCD target display with the needle jumping all over gets on my nerves. I love my meter, run without earphones (I'm in the forest and don't want a bear, mountain lion, or a two legged one to sneak up on me) Also Rattlesnakes to look out for. I love the toggle switch from metal to discriminate to tone. I run the machine mostly on tone. I don't miss nickels or gold rings. I am lucky there is not much trash in the parks or campgrounds. Also the machine works well in the lakes up to the control panel.

A possible the aid
At me Compass Xp's machine is 350 for the revelation of the metals
And I want its instructions
And I am Shaker for you

Having dealt with many people that kinda almost speak English, I think this reads :

As a possible aid (to you),
My Compass Xp reads a 350 to find the metals (that you mentioned)
And I (like it's direction)
And I am (being honest with) you.

Not only going by the name, but by the dialect, I would say this guy is from the Suez area... maybe Egypt or Isreal.

At first I thought he was an old prof from my College days.
[/quote]

LOL ;D

I love the tracker IV! I havnt found any rings or silver but i have found lots of junk jewerly and coins. I am pretty excited about finding a mode that will detect all the coins. I mostly hunt in parks or whereever people congregate.

Pros: Good modes, easy to use, waterproof coil, It is really easy to pinpoint with this machine. Also has very promising results. I got my first wheatie with this machine and am still using it. :D

Cons: Doesnt tell you the depth of the coin. No ID meter to see if its a coin or not. Also needs to just discriminate iron out completly. Should not detect iron at all.

Otherwise i am very pleaseed with my tracker IV and will keep using the metal detector until i think i need a new one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back