Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin fantastic!!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin' fantastic!!!

Unbelievable video of big North American gold nuggets + new finds, pics, videos added: a live thread, so please post your gold shots.
I'll add other videos or stills of big nuggety North American gold as I find them.

This video starts slow, but it's shot underground, so give it a while and then watch out that you don't have a freakin' heart attack!!

I hope you love looking at this as much as I did--every placer miner's dream come true. If you're a rookie, you'll get the fever bad watching this one. (To avoid any confusion, this is not my video, nor is it my clean-up, nor was I involved in any way--I found it by mistake after typing in a search word incorrectly [that's why I'd never found it before], but I sure do love it!!)

Almost 3,800 ounces in the last shot--fines are in the large plastic bags. 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle!

All the best,

Lanny

P.S. I posted it with my beginner's thread as well, but it's so great it deserves it's own place too.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Last edited:
Upvote 2

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1452987967266.jpg
    1452987967266.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 127
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also Placarita canyon was a producer, but not as well known or recorded. Mostly because it is a dry canyon with only a seasonal creek. These little guys are from said dry canyon.

That sure is nice character gold! Nice picture too as I like the way you've arranged it. And, thanks for the history on the area.

All the best,

Lanny

A Sasquatch

Greenie
Sep 10, 2015
Canada
Detector(s) used
4500, 2300 & Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Lanny, not sure if I shared this before here is a ode to Larry's claim were we all had so much fun:
Gold in the Gold

Chorus. "O we’re off to Larry’s in the green in the green our detectors slithering in the sun and the nuggets they flew like lighting to the rattle in a Minelab’s hum."

I am a merry office boy; I work the files all day, till something came across my mind that I should run away. I’ve always hated slavery from the day I was born so I’m off to join the GPAA and I’m off tomorrow morn.

Chorus

I leave behind my desk and chair and I leave behind my copier. And I leave behind my old computer for no more I’ll need her now. But I’ll take pick and shovel and my handy Goldbug Two and with my comrades by my side we’ll dig a great big hole.

Chorus

I leave behind my sweetheart the one I do adore and I wonder if she thinks of me when she watches the Gold Fever Show. And when the seasons is over and all the gold is found I’ll take her to the church to wed and a digger’s wife she’ll be.

Chorus

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Lanny, not sure if I shared this before here is a ode to Larry's claim were we all had so much fun:
Gold in the Gold

Chorus. "O we’re off to Larry’s in the green in the green our detectors slithering in the sun and the nuggets they flew like lighting to the rattle in a Minelab’s hum."

I am a merry office boy; I work the files all day, till something came across my mind that I should run away. I’ve always hated slavery from the day I was born so I’m off to join the GPAA and I’m off tomorrow morn.

Chorus

I leave behind my desk and chair and I leave behind my copier. And I leave behind my old computer for no more I’ll need her now. But I’ll take pick and shovel and my handy Goldbug Two and with my comrades by my side we’ll dig a great big hole.

Chorus

I leave behind my sweetheart the one I do adore and I wonder if she thinks of me when she watches the Gold Fever Show. And when the seasons is over and all the gold is found I’ll take her to the church to wed and a digger’s wife she’ll be.

Chorus

No, I haven't seen it before, but man does it stir some memories! I appreciate you sharing it on a thread dedicated to North American placer as you've found some incredible pieces, as well as numerous pieces. So, I really had fun reading your lines as they're penned by someone that's walked the walk (and now sang the song as well) for years and done it successfully.

I've never met a nicer guy than Larry nor one more unselfish and giving, so writing an ode about his claim is perfect. Hunting nuggets on his claim has built an entire bank of pleasant memories in my brain. It's sad he sold his claim, but I truly understand why he needed to do it.

Here's to hoping we can get together in your neck of the woods to chase some of that gorgeous gold in your area. It's been on the bucket list for many a year, and this summer who knows, it may be the time to work on checking that wish off.

All the best,

Lanny

Jan 13, 2016
Kemmerer Wyoming
Detector(s) used
GARRETT A/T PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a fantastic video indeed. We all need to realize however, there has been a lot of expense and financial risk to find this lode and I am willing to place my bet- Most of his return goes to cover expenses in equipment and operations costs long before he can recover a profit. I am sure there is a great return and he has opened a golden parachute to the extent to which his feet shall never touch the ground (if this was an every day occurrence). But, for this one find? It barely covered his expenses...... I am willing to admit how very wrong I may be, but is my observation only.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unbelievable video of big North American gold nuggets + new finds, pics, videos added: a live thread, so please post your gold shots.
I'll add other videos or stills of big nuggety North American gold as I find them.

This video starts slow, but it's shot underground, so give it a while and then watch out that you don't have a freakin' heart attack!!

I hope you love looking at this as much as I did--every placer miner's dream come true. If you're a rookie, you'll get the fever bad watching this one. (To avoid any confusion, this is not my video, nor is it my clean-up, nor was I involved in any way--I found it by mistake after typing in a search word incorrectly [that's why I'd never found it before], but I sure do love it!!)

Almost 3,800 ounces in the last shot--fines are in the large plastic bags. 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle!

All the best,

Lanny

P.S. I posted it with my beginner's thread as well, but it's so great it deserves it's own place too.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Maybe it was mentioned in some other post but....Makes me wonder about the quartz pieces in the oversize reject material. There must be some specimens in that pile. Break out your MD Lanny.:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe it was mentioned in some other post but....Makes me wonder about the quartz pieces in the oversize reject material. There must be some specimens in that pile. Break out your MD Lanny.:laughing7:

Good point!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
More winter-time eye candy:

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And, some more that's a follow-up to one of my earlier entries:

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This gold is gorgeous and unique:

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is a nice little collection that reminds me of the fun I used to have dredging:

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That picture literally made my jaw drop and heart stop. I KNOW that river! I haven't even watched it yet and I'm excited! I know...no cure...must get gold.

watching now...spoiler alert...what does a flake the size of a corn flake look like? I even have the same blue plastic plate. It's our "formal" ware.

The same size in this area, yep. TYVM for posting. Nature of gold. Rattle Rattle! OMG I LOVE IT!

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Funny that he thinks of the -20 mesh vials as "really, really small stuff" as that all looks big by CO standards!

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That picture literally made my jaw drop and heart stop. I KNOW that river! I haven't even watched it yet and I'm excited! I know...no cure...must get gold.

watching now...spoiler alert...what does a flake the size of a corn flake look like? I even have the same blue plastic plate. It's our "formal" ware. (:wink:)

The same size in this area, yep. TYVM for posting. Nature of gold. Rattle Rattle! OMG I LOVE IT!

I agree that it's great to ease somewhat the ache of unrequited gold fever, if using the word that way is even justifiable, but then again, I do think I actually love chasing gold, so maybe it does.

If you didn't get a chance, be sure to look back at page 26 of this thread for the previous couple of videos as there's some gold fever bustin' beauties in them for sure!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Funny that he thinks of the -20 mesh vials as "really, really small stuff" as that all looks big by CO standards!

Well hello Kevin! Nice to know you're still dropping in to leave some comments, and as always, much appreciated. I know here in my home stomping grounds that "little stuff" of his would be big indeed as all we've got right here is the flour gold that's been pounded to powder by the glaciers that would make your Colorado gold look big, so that's why I cross the mountains to the west to get at the big, sassy gold!

On page 26 of this thread, the crystaline gold on the one video, and the wire gold just blew me away. I mean, I've found wire gold before, and crystaline gold to boot, but the quantity and quality that he recovered is flat-out amazing! I've never seen anything like it.

I trust that winter is treating you as well as can be expected and hope that you'll soon get a sniff at some gold.

All the best,

Lanny

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin' fantastic!!!

Well hello Kevin! Nice to know you're still dropping in to leave some comments, and as always, much appreciated. I know here in my home stomping grounds that "little stuff" of his would be big indeed as all we've got right here is the flour gold that's been pounded to powder by the glaciers that would make your Colorado gold look big, so that's why I cross the mountains to the west to get at the big, sassy gold!

On page 26 of this thread, the crystaline gold on the one video, and the wire gold just blew me away. I mean, I've found wire gold before, and crystaline gold to boot, but the quantity and quality that he recovered is flat-out amazing! I've never seen anything like it.

I trust that winter is treating you as well as can be expected and hope that you'll soon get a sniff at some gold.

All the best,

Lanny

I'm with you, that crystalline and wire gold is really something! I've found tiny pieces of wire gold...even those I set aside for my "trophy case"!

As for getting gold fixes, I'm out multiple times a month, every month...including last Friday for the lunch hour :-) here's the result from Friday in the soap dish i use for final cleaning...not up to the standards of this thread but, hey, it's gold! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454080788.152898.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm with you, that crystalline and wire gold is really something! I've found tiny pieces of wire gold...even those I set aside for my "trophy case"!

As for getting gold fixes, I'm out multiple times a month, every month...including last Friday for the lunch hour :-) here's the result from Friday in the soap dish i use for final cleaning...not up to the standards of this thread but, hey, it's gold! View attachment 1265801

And, it's mighty pretty gold at that! Say, are those split-shot fishing weights in that little pocket by that center flock of gold flakes?

I must admit that I envy you being able to get out all year long. I sure don't have that luxury as the ground is frozen solid, prohibiting nugget shooting, and the streams are frozen too. I guess I could cut a hole and try to get in that way, but I know how cold our water is in the summer time and it's stinkin' cold then!

All the best, and thanks for the picture of the beautiful Colorado gold,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Stop it. No More. I can't stop drooling!

Ok, I don't want to get arrested for inducing uncontrollable drooling, nor do I want to get busted for getting people over the legal limit for fun, so I'll stop posting gold shots for a while.

All the best,

Lanny

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
@Lanny, that's lead birdshot in the gold pic. I've pulled quite a bit of it out of my suburban creeks over the last few years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread