Big city regional banking centers or small town banks on my day off???

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go with the odds and head the way that would allow me to visit the most banks.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Depends. The big city banks generally get the volume, but the larger the bank the bigger the chance for idiotic bureaucracy (such as, oh, I'm sorry, we can only sell these to you if you've got an account even though you're exchanging cash for cash....). In general, go where the people are desperate for cash, a wealthy suburb will rarely get in half dollars because its inhabitants can afford to keep $30-50 in clad halves as curiosities while in the poorer areas that $30 in silver halves has to go to pay the bills and rarely do they have the knowledge or foresight to take it to a PM dealer.

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
My experience is small towns are better, at least in my area. More hunters (because there are more people) and a smaller geographic area means banks in the city are more likely to have been hit recently by another hunter.

OP
OP
Swade2K

Swade2K

Aug 4, 2012
Small towns were good to me today!

image-1617883327.jpg

12 40%
1 Ben
1 -64
1- S mint silver bicentennial
1- funny money
5- clad Ikes

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got my first solid roll of 40% halves at a small mountain town bank. good luck.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not count out areas were people have money to burn. Kids are very well might get silver coins even silver proof set from grandma and grandpa and use the for candy and know will really care at the end of the day

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want grandpas coins, head to the party store. When banks are skunky, party stores are reliable.

OP
OP
Swade2K

Swade2K

Aug 4, 2012
Local_coins said:
If you want grandpas coins, head to the party store. When banks are skunky, party stores are reliable.

Party stores, eh? Interesting. What kind of luck have you had? I've been thinking of hitting liquor stores and smoke shops. What do you think about those?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread