Big clay pot?

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
My mother got this pot at a farm auction about 40 years ago. Can anybody give some info on this pot.
Would be most appreciated. Thank you for any help. View attachment 1557622 0301181044.jpg 0301181043.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We would need a lot more pictures of all angles to say anything about it.

Also, where is it from? That really helps too.

Thanks

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sides and bottom of the pot would be good but from the designs on the top Im thinking road side tourist type of thing.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
I think Rock is right, it looks like generic roadside Southwestern Pueblo Pottery. Very common souvenirs when people would take roadtrip vacations to see the Grand Canyon/Vegas/California. Some examples are worth a ton of money, but most are just nice display pieces. I don't really see much chance that it was found on the farm, it doesn't look like it's spent any significant time buried in the ground or in a cave.

Google Pueblo Pottery and you'll find a lot of pictures/webpages, you might find something that matches the style (color, shape, brush strokes, etc.)

Look on the bottom for spin marks (from a wheel) or perhaps the remnants of a signature. Wheel marks would indicate it was a mass produced decorative piece, furniture stores and mall stores sold them from Mexico and China. A signature might indicate it's worth some money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread