Big Coin My Son Pulled Out With A Big Smile Silver #29 Wheats Aussie 1917 Penny

bamadigtab

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Coin My Son Pulled Out With A Big Smile Silver #29 Wheat's Aussie 1917 Penny

Great Hunt my Son pulled a huge coin out of the ground. :shock: Should have seen the smile.:D It was the Aussie Penny. Also got Silver number 29 for the year. I detected he dug. We did it together. Another first 1917 Aussie Penny.:lol: Great coinage finds. Nothing like getting out and doing some MD'ing with my Son. He has learned to dig pinpoint and cover his holes, with little or no impact. So I'm gonna get him an ace 250 or a fisher F2, after I sell my older MD. Hope we can get a chance to get out again while he is down for spring break. When he pulled that Aussie Half Dollar sized coin, the look on his face was priceless. The merc was inside an iron casing, but came in like a strong quarter signal at 4.5 inches. I wanted to keep the merc in the casing but after getting it home the iron became so fragile it broke and fell off. You will have to watch the video to see the coin while still in the iron case. It might have been a piece of jewelry not sure though the iron was so badly deteriorated I really couldn't tell what it was.

Pics and video are below:

IMG_0804.jpg IMG_1182.jpg IMG_1181.jpg IMG_1180.jpg IMG_1179.jpg IMG_1177.jpg IMG_1176.jpg IMG_1175.jpg IMG_1174.jpg IMG_1173.jpg IMG_1172.jpg IMG_1171.jpg IMG_1183.jpg

Upvote 2
OP
OP
B

bamadigtab

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! Bet your son was stoked!

Yes he was totally stoked! A smile Ajax couldn't wipe off!!! Of course being a teen he tries to hold it in .... lol .... but he really couldn't.:tongue3:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Nice Find , We call them the Big Brown Bugger's 1917 penny

tinpan

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations

Very nice:icon_thumleft: Congratulations:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions